807,issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-18, 11:07 AM   #1

Default 807,issues

Hi everyone, sorry for another 807 fault thread.

I recently bought a 807, it started of great but within a day the fuel additive fault popped up and fuel additive low. Whilst waiting for delivery of the additive, the car went into limp mode. After making it back home and trying to start the engine again the car started but cut out and is as if it has fuel starvation. I have hooked up my elm327 whilst waiting on delivery of Lexia and pp and found errors. P0490 P1446 P1461 P0489 P0238 P0102 P0113 P0299 P3007.. I have refilled the additive and changed the DPF but car has the same problem of starting and cutting out. I have checked the wiring loom with no visual signs of any defects and cleaned the MAF sensor and the sensor in the cat also... my question is will any of these codes prevent the car from idling steady causing the cutting out and if not does any one know any way to resolve this or would I need to wait for the arrival of lexia and pp to perform a reset ?

Thank you in advance
JDAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-18, 11:48 AM   #2

What do all the codes mean?

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 05-01-18, 12:03 PM   #3

[quote=Gibbo;2016513]What do all the codes mean?

P0490 - EGR High , P1446 Additive low, P1461- EGR low, P0238 - turbo sensor high, p0102 - MAF Low, p0113 - intake sensor Bank 1 high, p0299 - turbo underboost , p3007 MAF flow low, I know some of these can be linked to when I disconnected the sensors but I am currently unable to clear codes with my current software, so waiting on Lexia and pp to arrive. Can any of these make the vehicle cut out .. there seems to be diesel getting to the injectors so I am a bit stumped.

Old 05-01-18, 04:03 PM   #4

Right I feel I may have found the culprit to the cut outs, I have had the fuel filter out and it is very black and looks blocked. Iím going to pick up a filter tomorrow and hopefully this resolves the issue
Old 06-01-18, 07:47 AM   #5

You need to hope the "black" is just dirt. Low pressure pump in the fuel tank can and do break up and send metal filings through the fuel system. That would give you a cutting out issue because the high pressure pump isn't getting enough fuel..

Grumpy.
Old 10-01-18, 10:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
You need to hope the "black" is just dirt. Low pressure pump in the fuel tank can and do break up and send metal filings through the fuel system. That would give you a cutting out issue because the high pressure pump isn't getting enough fuel..

Grumpy.
Thanks for this, there doesnít seem to be metal bits in the housing, and filter has been changed, fuel is seen coming through the fuel line so doubt it would be the tank sender.. I have however noticed that when turning over there are little clouds of white smoke coming from the top side of the engine under the egr and oil pipe, does anyone have any idea what this could be ?
Old 10-01-18, 10:52 AM   #7

Before i even bother to reply fully i need to know what engine there is a choice of 3 and all are different layouts !!
Old 10-01-18, 10:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Before i even bother to reply fully i need to know what engine there is a choice of 3 and all are different layouts !!
It is a 2.0hdi
Old 10-01-18, 11:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAM View Post
It is a 2.0hdi
I have attached pics for reference. The smoke comes out by the first pic which is under the pipes on the third image. Thanks for responding Reliable406
Attached Thumbnails
80f96205-1fe1-4420-9a54-d6cdacaad550.jpg   ab152d1d-266c-4de2-b9ba-f749ec2cecd1.jpg   847d3fa8-774b-4dbb-816c-47d3bd237b21.jpg  

Last edited by JDAM; 10-01-18 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-01-18, 01:17 PM   #10

The engine has a hand primer does this mean there is no sender unit in the tank ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in