807 Electric door, window, sunroof, mirror failure - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-13, 10:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 807 Electric door, window, sunroof, mirror failure

I've lost the use of the electric sliding doors, electric front windows, electric sunroofs and electric mirrors on my 807. The temperature sensor has also stopped working, and I can only work the electric rear windows from the rear switches. It would appear that I've lost the use of one electrical circuit. I've checked all fuses, (fuse box, dashboard, battery compartment) but can't find a problem there. I've tried disconnecting the battery for an hour, disconnecting the shunt fuse, and also the soft BSI reset procedure, all without success.

Prior to the problem occurring I replaced one of the sliding door motors after the (non-electrical) cables snapped. The new motor was working fine. I also adjusted the airbag cables under the passenger and driver seat to try and get rid of an airbag fault that's been bugging me for some time. My best guess is that I've somehow disrupted a loose connection under one of the seats? No amount of wire-wiggling has put it right again though!

I've be very grateful for any ideas or help anyone can offer.

Cheers, Nick
housepixies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-13, 06:26 PM   #2
Inactive User

This problem is now solved. In case anyone else has the same issue, we got an auto-electrician in (Joe from TM Auto Electrics if you happen to be in the London area). He traced the problem to the circuit board under the dashboard, where there was a block caused by one of the connections or diodes or something like that. 200 to fix plus 45 for the initial diagnosis of the fault - all seemed reasonable enough to me. Joe was excellent, coming to my house and fixing the problem on site. As much as I would have liked to find a simple solution to the problem that I could fix myself, this really was a job for a professional auto-electrician.
housepixies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-04-15, 08:24 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default peugeot 807 driver seat wires melted

had the same sort of problem as housepixes, temperture sensor went, airbag error and light would appear and the electric windows and mirrors wouldnt work. Did the bsi reset that didnt help. Checked all the fuses and the driver seat fuse had blown so changed it. Was fine for two days and same bugs happened again today.

Went to go out and got the kids in the car, with the key in the on position before starting the car i smelt burning, then within seconds, smoke starting pouring from the back and top of the drives seat.

I immediately took the key out and got everyone out of the car and waited for the smoke to clear so i could have a look. After 20 minutes the smoke had cleared so using the diagram from the manual removed the fuses for the front seats electric and heater. Checked under the seat and couldnt see anything.

Waiting a few hours and removed the carpet from the back of the drivers seat and have seen that the cables have melted the plastic coves of three of the cables. They are all interlocked. Looks like it could have been a small fire.

Can i cut the cables and seal them off so i can drive to a garage? Also is it easy for a garage to segregate the electrics for the seat if it works out too expensive to have it fixed or replaced?
807driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-04-15, 09:20 PM   #4

wish mine would catch fire
citrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-15, 12:14 PM   #5

Should be a connector plug for the wiring to the seat, once its separated you should be able to drive it. Alternative is to find a mobile auto electrician who can repair the damage on site.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in