Peugeot Forums banner

807 drivers side window switch, 2008 Executive

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  reliable406 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, Upgraded from my trusty 806 to the logical choice an 807 with a few doubts having looked under the bonnet and seen how far back the engine is. Seems to have lots of possible things to go wrong with it / or have already gone wrong with it. Working on the premise that i would probably break less clips getting the door panels off than the garage i had it a bit cheaper and said i would sort out the little niggles myself. Anyway the most pressing of these is the drivers side electric window switch which works thus: starting from front:

1. Drivers side wing mirror adjusts using button, passenger side wont.
2. Drivers side mirror will fold on button, passenger side wont, but when you lock it the passenger mirror folds and drivers side dosent.
3. Drivers side electric window goes up in steps only by pressing down on switch and down in steps by pressing up.
4. Front passenger side switch on the drivers side does exactly the same as above - only works the drivers side.
5. The switch on the passenger door works that window normally.
6. No rear windows work from drivers switch or rear switches.
7. Rear doors wont open from inside when shut.
8. Trip computer says child security activated but the switch on the end of the offending drivers side panel wont deactivate it.

Change the switch i hear you say. Ordered a second hand one and while it was in transit found a spare switch in cubby hole under steering wheel. ALL 3 SWITCHES WORK EXACTLY THE SAME.

Any ideas? Dont know any history sorry, will write to previous owners. Could i have 3 older switches that are not compatible or are they all likey to be affected by rain etc in same way. Printed circuit board under buttons. Dont see how it cant be the switch but dont really want to splash out on a brand new one to find thats the same.

One thing - battery light comes on after a few mins and stays on with charging fault message and goes into economy mode. Had alt/ battery tested in work and has 'diode ripple' - output from alt varies a bit, new one on way but dont think its affecting this problem.

See less See more
#3 ·
Think alternator needs new brushes - that's the easy one.
The door switch woes are going to take some work to find the problem. I don't think the switch is at fault. I would inspect the wiring in the door and beyond to check for breaks or loose plugs.
Any change in symptoms if you operate the switches with the door open or wiggle the wiring in the door and rubber sleeve between door and body?

#4 ·
With charging fault try wiggling ign key. I had charge fault on my old 807 and it was worn ign switch. I would also check wiring between drivers door and body for broken wires from door opening and closing fatiguing wires

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Window swithches ar all the same regardless of age infact you can use any window switch from any peugeot with the same button layout 307 407 etc all work the same.

Your issue is more likely wiring as already mentioned if 1 or 2 wires are broken the windows do strange things they break inside the rubber between door frame and body

Charging issue could well be dodgy switch but if alternator output is varying the BSI wont like that and throw up a charge fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.