807 Coolant hose aging condition - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WillNZ
  • 1 Post By wynb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-18, 03:08 PM   #1

Default 807 Coolant hose ageing, is it a common issue?

Is it common for Coolant hoses to perish badly on a peugeot? (2006 2.0hdi 807) As one of my coolant hoses going to the oil cooler split once last week, then after I trimmed the split end off, completely popped the following day. It might be a case that hose is prone to oil spillage over the years, as underneath the oil filler cap. But the fact the coolant hoses on the car are not internally braided, once the rubber ages, there is no strength at all.

So I was wondering if it's common on Peugeots of similar age? And is there aftermarket hose kit available people know about?

Ps, the car is 93000miles, and the coolant system isn't pressureising at all, as I've pressure tested the system, with no leakages, and also have had a pressure gauge fitted in the system since the hose popped. The car is running at 80oC, and a 3-8psi system pressure when fully hot and during all types of loads & speeds.

Last edited by 1arm1legDan; 22-05-18 at 04:26 PM.
1arm1legDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-18, 07:33 PM   #2

Hoses are vulnerable to any type of external oil contamination. Internally they will be affected by rusty water if the proper coolant is not used.

If the system is pressuring and not using water, I would not worry too much about the low pressure. Higher pressure just raises the boiling point of water. The cap is the bit that controls the pressure, yours must be bleeding pressure off.
1arm1legDan likes this.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-18, 07:54 PM   #3

HI.

Thanks.

The hose is in perfect condition on the inside, so its related to either a poor hose material, or external contamination. Which is what I'm looking to see if it's common, meaning it's best to replace all the hoses on this age peugeot?

I know the coolant system is fine, I only mentioned pressures, to prevent a pressureising/head gasket sugguestion.
1arm1legDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-05-18, 01:25 PM   #4

Think you have been unlucky, our 2003 2.2 807 with 227K has original coolant hoses and they are fine. The ones to watch are the steel coolant pipes feeding the cabin heater under the drivers seat, they rot!
1arm1legDan likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in