Which 807 ?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-06, 10:22 PM   #1

Default Which 807 ??

Hi There,
I am in the market for an MPV having now outgrown our Puegeot 406 estate (7 seat) as we now have three kids and a dog.

Having had diesels in both my previous Puegeots, 306 & 406, the natural choice for me is an 807 - the question is which one. I am favouring the 2.2 HDI rather than the 2.0 HDI as I beleive the additional power will be needed especially when fully loaded with Kids, dog & luggage for a 2 week holiday. I'm also favouring the 6 speed manual rather than 5 speed or automatic. Any advice / experience form other forum members would be appreciated in this regard.

Have been looking around now for a few weeks, I have a choice of 2 x 807's - both 2.2 HDI executives. One is 18 months old with 12,000 miles, the other is 9 months old with 14,000 miles. The 18 month old one is standard with velour interior while the 8 month old is leather interior and also has three sunroofsfitted. The difference in price between them is ? 3500.00 and as I plan to keep the car for aroud 6 years or so, I am undecided as to which one to go for as I'm not sure I will be able to recover the ? 3500.00 difference in price when I come to sell it.

Also I've read some reports that there can be problems with leaking sunroofs on 807's & C8's.

If any one has any direct experience they can share or advise on which one I should spend my money on, I'd greatly appreciate it.
pugnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-06, 02:24 AM   #2
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to 505V6 Send a message via Yahoo to 505V6
Default 505 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugnut
Hi There,
I am in the market for an MPV having now outgrown our Puegeot 406 estate (7 seat) as we now have three kids and a dog.

Having had diesels in both my previous Puegeots, 306 & 406, the natural choice for me is an 807 - the question is which one. I am favouring the 2.2 HDI rather than the 2.0 HDI as I beleive the additional power will be needed especially when fully loaded with Kids, dog & luggage for a 2 week holiday. I'm also favouring the 6 speed manual rather than 5 speed or automatic. Any advice / experience form other forum members would be appreciated in this regard.

Have been looking around now for a few weeks, I have a choice of 2 x 807's - both 2.2 HDI executives. One is 18 months old with 12,000 miles, the other is 9 months old with 14,000 miles. The 18 month old one is standard with velour interior while the 8 month old is leather interior and also has three sunroofsfitted. The difference in price between them is ? 3500.00 and as I plan to keep the car for aroud 6 years or so, I am undecided as to which one to go for as I'm not sure I will be able to recover the ? 3500.00 difference in price when I come to sell it.

Also I've read some reports that there can be problems with leaking sunroofs on 807's & C8's.

If any one has any direct experience they can share or advise on which one I should spend my money on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

is your 1986 Peugeot 505V6 Manual a factory model or a transplant with a 604 motor?
and where are you from?
garry
505V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-06, 02:35 AM   #3
bby

I don't wish to scare you but I'm not sure anyone should keep an 807 (or C8 or Ulysse) for 6 years - especially if it is not brand new when you buy it!

I think it is basically 'pot-luck' whether you get a good one or a bad one but when it goes wrong out of warranty it will almost certainly be expensive!

My C8 is 2 years old and it is going on Saturday for something better

They are lovely cars to drive and the BEST CAR YOU CAN DRIVE for the money, but if you have more money, look elsewhere.
bby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-08-06, 10:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bby
I don't wish to scare you but I'm not sure anyone should keep an 807 (or C8 or Ulysse) for 6 years - especially if it is not brand new when you buy it!

I think it is basically 'pot-luck' whether you get a good one or a bad one but when it goes wrong out of warranty it will almost certainly be expensive!

My C8 is 2 years old and it is going on Saturday for something better

They are lovely cars to drive and the BEST CAR YOU CAN DRIVE for the money, but if you have more money, look elsewhere.
im confused at this post? so are u selling your 807 or why shouldnt one keep it if have more money when u also say really good car?
pokershark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-03-07, 11:12 PM   #5

forget about 807 to many electrical things to go wrong and prob will do or buy new so warrant covers it
ray14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-07, 05:40 PM   #6
Inactive User

Maybe you should read this http://807faults.co.uk/
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-03-07, 03:19 AM   #7
ash
Inactive User

807 and MPV's are very similar but i still prefer 807
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in