807 2.2 heater fan not working :( - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-14, 05:24 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 807 2.2 heater fan not working :(

Hi, new to the forum and pugs, we have a 807 that the blowers have a mind of there own, sometimes working fine but most of the time not coming on at all and quite frequently deciding to come on on there own. Please somebody be able to help
hitman1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-14, 06:07 PM   #2

Hello
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-14, 06:24 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi, I'm regretting buying the missus this car already lol

Old 13-01-14, 08:36 PM   #4

It would be good if you introduced yourself see HERE before asking for help.

There are multi heater fans on the 807. The fans do not run without the engine running (stupid design on all Pug's).

If you have climate control can you manually set fan speed etc. if all other heater controls work OK.

I would look at the electronic speed controller (hedgehog) these can fail and give intermitted fan operation.

A blocked pollen filter can make the fan work hard of failing fan bearings or age can cause speed controller to fail

Or could be fault with climate control unit (need to get codes read with planet)
Old 13-01-14, 09:08 PM   #5
Inactive User

Yes it has climate control, the dial that does the fan speed doesn't seem to do anything until the fans decide to kick in then I can turn them up and and down. Had a look for the pollen filter and it seems it hasn't got one fitted at the moment. Where abouts is the hedgehog thing? I've scanned for fault codes using the torque app on my phone, should that bring anything up about heater fans
Old 14-01-14, 01:22 PM   #6

The fan is fine, at least it is on ours, still runs fine after 200K but it did stop working a couple of years ago and I found the cause was due to corroded contacts. You need to remove the glovebox and this will expose the fan, remove the two plugs and replace them a couple of times and see if the fan works. If no luck you need to remove the fan and carefully take it apart to do the same thing with the internal 60amp connectors. Not sure if there is such a thing as a hedgehog, the fan controller on the 807 is solid state.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-14, 01:38 PM   #7

The speed control module is fitted to the heater blower unit. As above check connections first. Solid state controller's are known as hedgehogs due to cooling fins on the unit which are absent on the non digital resistor type.

Your fault code reader will only pick up power train faults you need planet to read body system fault codes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by windy1603; 14-01-14 at 02:02 PM.
windy1603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-14, 02:34 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thank you for your help, luckily the garage I bought the car from are going to sort it for us. Fingers crossed I won't be posting any more threads lol
Old 14-01-14, 08:24 PM   #9

Good news, try and check that the pollen filter housing is present like on ours, the housing is what the wheelbrace is clipped, often they are not replaced by mechanics who can't be bothered (they are a pain to fit) and as a consequence rain will drip onto the engine through the grille just in front of the windscreen.
Attached Thumbnails
img_3790.jpg  
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-14, 08:53 PM   #10
Inactive User

It looks like ours has the housing, found out last night how much of a swine it is to refit, obviously the garage who did the last service couldnt be bothered with fitting a filter tho. Looks like something else I need to buy for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in