807 2.2 hdi starting probs - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-17, 02:53 PM   #1

Default 807 2.2 hdi starting probs

Hi was wondering if anyone could look at these parameters and data for me and tell me if there is anything that jumps out as being the fault to my non starter. Its an 807 2.2 HDI exec using a bosch injection system the one with the in tank lift pump and no priming bulb at filter housing here is a few things I have done after scouring the forums.

Checked and cleaned earths from gear box to leg posts and the ones behind head lights.
Checked all fuses in bsi (nightmare) and under bonnet fuse box including the maxi fuses.
Started to unwrap loom and search for broken wires couldn't find anything to Obvious its like searching for a needle in a hay stack.
Replaced battery with brand new one.
Tried loosening the under foot earth when it freed it wouldn't tighten completely had to put a washer round and tighten best I could but looks in good shape.
Topped up coolant levels.
On cranking batt drops from 12.4v to 8.2v.
Key transponder marker being recognised and also getting key reminder message on screen and musical chime although I found whilst in economy mode I never got this and had to look via planet to see if key marker was recognised economy mode only went off due to replacement of battery only found this happens if you follow the three minute rule I found a post from reliable about changing the battery then don't touch nothing not even close the door walk away and get some tea that's exactly what I did and it popped out of economy mode musical chime with key in and key reminder on display.
I am getting additive reached limit fault(don't know if this would cause non start).
Also vehicle speed fault speed info transmission on multiplex network. Didn't bother with codes as I no you guys like live data.
Also wouldn't start with easy start.

Parameters 1

Engine crank speed - 129 rpm (I thought this to be very low)

Fuel pressure - 365 Bar (Highest reading)

Pressure Regulator - 40%

Injection Flow set point - 50mm3/stroke

Injector flow - on 1. 0.04mm3/stroke

2. 0.04mm3/stroke

3. 0.04mm3/stroke

4. 0.04mm3/stroke

Parameters 2

Engine sped - 129 Bar

Pre Injection advance - 12

3RD Piston deactivation - NO

Turbo pressure measured - 1012mbs

Turbo ref value - 80mbs

Turbo pressure Elect value - 53%

Atmospheric pressure - 1012mbs

Coolant temp - 3 DEG C

I have performed an actuators test and every thing seems fine the ecu is not locked.

Thanks in advance for any help.
amiejane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-01-17, 03:19 PM   #2

cranking speed to low you have missed the cam and crank sync this will stop it starting if it says NO it must say yes as soon as you crank
Old 23-01-17, 03:40 PM   #3

sorry yes I do have crank and cam sync thanks for quick reply.

Old 23-01-17, 03:41 PM   #4

My next move would be to tow it saves burning the starter out
Old 23-01-17, 03:51 PM   #5

Ok I will give it ago some time this week and get back to you, did the info I gave look ok then and I take it not firing or even attempting to fire on easy start is nothing to worry about? thanks.
Old 23-01-17, 04:05 PM   #6

sometimes they wont fire on easy start if they are turning slow all your readings say it SHOULD fire other than the slow cranking speed.

Is there anything happened prior to the non starting.
Old 23-01-17, 04:51 PM   #7

no not really it has been rather cold here in recent times not getting up past 3 most days and if it doesn't fire up on a tow I'm going to go over it again with a fine tooth comb as I feel I might have missed a broken wire or something but like I said in the post the battery goes down to about 8.2 volts on cranking maybe iv missed an earth or that one under drivers feet is dodgy. thanks again mate.
Old 23-01-17, 05:35 PM   #8

Battery going down could be part of the problem but towing would bypass that issue too
Old 23-01-17, 06:13 PM   #9

yes I suppose it would wouldn't it ok then we'll leave it at that ill go and arrange a tow start sometime over the next couple of days and report back with what happens thanks ever so much talk soon.
Old 24-01-17, 06:27 AM   #10

Bit worried about you saying the underfoot earth isn't the best, it is a miserable piece of work even when in perfect condition and is critical for everything on the car.
Try adding a jump lead from battery - terminal to the cylinder head to see if there is any improvement.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in