807 2.2 HDI power loss when engine hits temp. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-18, 01:17 AM   #1

Question 807 2.2 HDI power loss when engine hits temp.

hey there Peugeot hive brain...

wondered if you experienced hands had come across this....:

(i know loads of people have hit power loss with these vehicles, for loads of reasons, ill try and be as specific as i can as to when and how this happens and what ive done thus far... i've gone from a beloved 406 to a 2l 807, now this is my second one, the 2.2hdi 2005 and almost wishing i hadnt bothered, though i do like them, despite their golden carrot..!)

Car drives lovely until it hits temperature. As soon as the needle goes just above 90 degrees, where it usually lives, boom - powerloss and revs dont go easily above 3.5, its every time and immediately at that exact temp. point.

It's worse if i'm in second or third gear an need power, can hardly hit 3, or just gets there. It'll build up to speed in time (and back to 3.5ish revs) , it just takes ages.

If I clutch down and rev, engine revs exactly as it should with no issue. vrooom... As soon as I engage gear, it goes sluggish and revs seize.

It's recently had fuel reg o rings (Was stopping engine starting when i got it), new fuel pressure sensor (i think thats what it was - local peugeot guy did the work), new MAF (old one was causing judder at low revs), all of which have helped vehicle run better, but this issue of power loss when getting to temperature remains. Its a steady behaviour. Does it every time.

I bought vehicle for song with an immobiliser fault, sadly wasnt a simple BSi, but had autoelectrician do his thing on it and then stumbled into the other faults. Had it around 4 months now, got good bill of health on MOT and recent full service, though i've no real history for it. It was standing for almost a year before I got it, but I thrashed it when I first got it and was using easy start and it was driving fine. This powerloss issue did not exist.

But this other issue kicked in not long after the o-rings were done.

Here's the thing - its not throwing up management codes. It does do some, but not all as my peugeot mechanic did have some thrown up when he was testing the fuel sensor, but it didn't bat an eyelid when I drove with MAF off for a bit to test it, and because of that, I'm wondering if im missing something that could indicate another sensor problem.

what revs would it limit to on an anti-pollution fault (that its maybe not telling me about?) or what revs are limp mode on these? without a MIL, I'm in the dark and really want to know if someone has come across this or perhaps can guess something from the warmup-marker - it literally only happens once the engine gets to temp, then boom...standard issue.

Again, it will get up to speed in time, its just on hills and when pulling away at roundabouts etc, that limit on revs is a killer, which is a shame because it has a tidy pull for its size before it had this problem, or daily when its cold..

I know its lengthy, but i wanted to give all the info I had as I'm no expert.

Thanks for any hints or tips - I've mused camshaft sensor that I was willing to chuck-a-part-at for the price, but it looks like a pig to get to, same with egr, not sure if this could be turbo behaviour or the dreaded DPF? before i spent MORE money on this, thought I'd check in with you lot...

thanks so much for anything...

Darren

Last edited by peugeotbaby; 14-07-18 at 01:19 AM.
peugeotbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-07-18, 08:34 AM   #2

Forget the camshaft sensor it is only needed on start up to tell ecu where the camshaft is as it could be in two positions relative to c'shaft. There must be codes stored as car is going into limp home mode but I'm puzzled by the absence of the yellow warning light - think putting the car on Peugeot Planet may give more answers.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-07-18, 09:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
Forget the camshaft sensor it is only needed on start up to tell ecu where the camshaft is as it could be in two positions relative to c'shaft. There must be codes stored as car is going into limp home mode but I'm puzzled by the absence of the yellow warning light - think putting the car on Peugeot Planet may give more answers.
thanks... i was eyeing up the camshaft sensor with a wary eye!

i dont have PP (used to with my 406 but sold it prior to getting another pug more fool me), but my bluetooth Torque app jobby sees the vehicle ok, and registers revs and whatnot, but says there are no codes. Even when i take MAF on and off, doesn't kick up anything on either torque or MIL light - wonder if the auto electrician shorted something when he was fiddling to bypass the immobiliser (to put that in context - if you now take off my battery without doing the proper BSI process, it will claim an immobiliser fault when you reconnect, but you just have to wait a few mins then it disappears and vehicle starts fine).

thanks for helping me get the camshaft sensor out of my head!!!
peugeotbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-07-18, 03:40 PM   #4

Does your yellow light of doom light on the bottom right light up & go out on start up?
Can you work out whether it is engine temp or load that restricts the power? I'm thinking something like the 3rd piston on the fuel pump not being activated that could cause this power loss, fuel pressure will drop slightly as the engine warms up.
Attached Thumbnails
img_6832.jpg  
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in