807 2.2 diesel no start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-16, 02:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy 807 2.2 diesel no start

Hi everyone, I am in South Africa, a good friend of mine owns a 807 2.2 diesel. It does not want to start, although when you initialy crank the engine it does seem to want to start then theres just nothing. I had the lexia on it.....crank speed 180rpm, fuel pressure round about 300bar, crank/cam synchronization= YES. However what strikes me as funny is that we have a permanent fault - crankshaft/camshaft synchronization - Camshaft sensor no signal, which comes up every time after cranking the engine? There is also post/pre heat relay stuck failure, which I do not think is stopping it from starting? Any ideas? I am unable to get to the cam sensor as on the 807 the engine is below the dash, leaning backwards, I cannot even see the sensor, nevermind get to it or its connector. I cannot figure how we would get cam/crank sync=yes if the cam sensor is not outputting signal as the fault code suggests?
Hoffies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-04-16, 02:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffies View Post
Hi everyone, I am in South Africa, a good friend of mine owns a 807 2.2 diesel. It does not want to start, although when you initialy crank the engine it does seem to want to start then theres just nothing. I had the lexia on it.....crank speed 180rpm, fuel pressure round about 300bar, crank/cam synchronization= YES. However what strikes me as funny is that we have a permanent fault - crankshaft/camshaft synchronization - Camshaft sensor no signal, which comes up every time after cranking the engine? There is also post/pre heat relay stuck failure, which I do not think is stopping it from starting? Any ideas? I am unable to get to the cam sensor as on the 807 the engine is below the dash, leaning backwards, I cannot even see the sensor, nevermind get to it or its connector. I cannot figure how we would get cam/crank sync=yes if the cam sensor is not outputting signal as the fault code suggests?
you have already answered your problem you need to fix the sensor or wire
Old 23-04-16, 02:33 PM   #3
Inactive User

Would the crank/cam = yes even if no signal is coming from the cam sensor, I thought the both the cam and crank sensor signals are used to determine the syn=yes/no, and only when yes the injector pulses are given?

Old 23-04-16, 04:24 PM   #4

Have you checked for key still being coded as if you have the things you say it should start although the cranking speed is a little low but should be enough but it wont start if key not matched /recognised.
Old 23-04-16, 05:10 PM   #5
Inactive User

Ok thanks for the advice, really appreciated. Where in pp2000 can I check whether key matched? On initial turning of the key, it does try to start and then nothing, surely the key is then matched?
Old 23-04-16, 05:49 PM   #6

After trying to start with closed front door, leave the key in and open the door, if you get a musical chime with warning 'key in ignition' then key is good.
Can change cam sensor but it is difficult, search for 2.2 engines on Ebay to get a view of the sensor. Best to do it with eyes closed and don't drop its little screw!
Our difficult starting was caused by a defective cam sensor now 100% since changing it. Don't think it is needed for running as engine was fine if it started.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-16, 06:37 PM   #7
Inactive User

Does the front drivers door need to be closed for the car to start? Will the open drivers door stop the car starting?
Old 23-04-16, 06:39 PM   #8
Inactive User

How is the air gap on tha cam sensor adjusted?
Old 24-04-16, 01:09 PM   #9

Door open or closed won't stop engine starting. New sensors come with a little plastic shoulder on the rim that you push up tight to the cam pulley creating the correct gap. Don't bother trying to measure the gap!
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-04-16, 03:14 PM   #10
Inactive User

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, does one need to bring the camshaft to a specific position before fitting the sensor against the cam pulley, I am not sure what the trigger on the pulley looks like? Does the little plastic shoulder get eaten away as the engine turns or how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in