807 2.0 hdi engine doesn't heat up to 90'C - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-17, 11:40 AM   #1

Default 807 2.0 hdi engine doesn't heat up to 90'C

Hi,

I have an 807 2.0 hdi (88kw/120hp; year 2008), which i bought in a few months ago.
Firstly my mechanic had changed timing belt (with water pump) and coolant fluid and some other stuff.
Afterwards there was a problem, that A/C didn't blowed cold air, so the A/C radiator was changed and system refilled with A/C gas.
Later I noticed a problem, that engine temp averages approximately on 70'C. First thought that it's faulty thermostat - changed that, still the same...
Yesterday made a run from cold engine start, driving and stopping some 5 times, on every stop checking the tubes and temp.
In beginning the thermostat is not opening, as the tube from thermostat to radiator is cold. Afterwards i drove out to highway, temp was raising till 85'C (thermostat by specification opening on 83'C) and then dropped down to 70'C. After this the tube is hot, so thermostat is open.
Thermostat is changing together with temperature sensor, so the one should be ok. The computer connected to OBD2 also show the same temp as on dashboard. Tested also with infrared thermometer, the temp in filling reservoir is approx the same 70'C. While standing it can go maybe to 80'C, but as I start driving it goes again down to 70'C...

So, I have no more ideas:
1) maybe it's by design, that car temp is 70'C? Who has the same car and can confirm that their temp is also 70'C? (I have been owning it for a little time, so hadn't notice the temp..., mainly it was driven by wife with kids).
2) the replaced thermostat is faulty?
3) maybe there was something wrongly put together when changed A/C radiator? (the A/C radiator is in front, after that is engine radiator).

Last edited by malvism; 02-10-17 at 11:50 AM.
malvism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in