807 2.0 hdi 06 warning light woes. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stevoxsi
  • 1 Post By grumpyoldgit
  • 1 Post By stevoxsi
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-11-17, 05:46 PM   #1

Default 807 2.0 hdi 06 warning light woes.

We not so long ago purchased a 2.0 hdi 807se its 130bhp or there abouts had 170k miles on it, and it now has 190k on it, car as been reliable but it is a total pain when it comes to warning lights, it is constantly telling me we have warn brake pads it gets quite persistent about this, Pads are near new but still it comes up.
Get ABS and sometimes traction control light shows too, stop light comes up and car seems to think it has a soft nearside rear tyre, b ut it has no such thing.
In 20k it uses very little oil and no water only mechanical fault i can find is a clunk off side front and warn anti roll bar link is what i think it is no play anywhere else.
Power is good and its returning early to mid 40s MPG maybe a little more if driven steady something which i never do anyway.

My question is. Any pointers to help put me on the right track to stop these warnings constantly coming up, they are boring me and annoying.
305sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-11-17, 06:32 PM   #2
Super Moderator

As far as your pad warning light goes, there should be plug going from one of the pads to the car. Check the plug and wiring. If there is no plug it's probably the wrong pad or been cut off. You need to then find where the plug goes in and link the 2 pins together to trick the sensor. Even if the plug is there, you may consider this anyway. Most cars don't even have the sensor.

ABS, traction control and tyre pressure lights are probably all linked. They all use the same sensors to read the wheel speed. Best have the sensors and rings checked. Code reader of most descriptons can pick up an abs fault.
305sw likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-11-17, 06:58 PM   #3

Thank nyou i will look into the wires to the pads, i did run my code reader it found no faults, the abs warning seems to come up if have to brake fairly hard for any reason, it can stay or sometimes it just gone in a few yards or if you turn the ignition off sometimes.
I am sure there is nothing amiss its just very annoying.
One other thing the rear doors both work ok, but the door pins on the front drivers is warn so door can make the off side rear re open as it touches the seal, opening the drivers door slightly gets around this for now, but will sort out the hinge pins.
But one thing i can not find a solution for and you may just know a fix is the rear door beeping alarm feature, the kids find this irritating, can i dissarm the beeping alarm, or is it default setting. Will Planet get rid of it perhaps or is it just a deactivation in the car itself some how. ?

Old 19-11-17, 06:49 AM   #4

Just to add my tuppence worth...

The break pad light may be as Stevoxsi says. It may also be water ingress into the sensor lead. Only way to fix this is to replace the loom. That's not an option unless you've got a few quid and a few months of time. I think the wire can be stripped back and isolated.
The sensors in the tyres can be switched off in planet. These are sort of independent sensors from the ABS so can be disabled.
Won't be able to switch off the door chimes. This is a health and safety function.

Grumpy.
305sw likes this.
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-11-17, 08:21 AM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
Just to add my tuppence worth...

The break pad light may be as Stevoxsi says. It may also be water ingress into the sensor lead. Only way to fix this is to replace the loom. That's not an option unless you've got a few quid and a few months of time. I think the wire can be stripped back and isolated.
The sensors in the tyres can be switched off in planet. These are sort of independent sensors from the ABS so can be disabled.
Won't be able to switch off the door chimes. This is a health and safety function.

Grumpy.
OK! So next thing, anybody know where the door chime speaker is located. ?
Old 19-11-17, 08:35 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Oops, sorry, the tpms are indeed separate. Different system than I'm used to!
305sw likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-11-17, 08:37 AM   #7

Its most likely built into the main control unit behind the trim drivers side rear but be warned the system is all networked so if you disable it you MIGHT also disable the doors
305sw likes this.
Old 19-11-17, 09:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Its most likely built into the main control unit behind the trim drivers side rear but be warned the system is all networked so if you disable it you MIGHT also disable the doors
I thought about that initially, i was more thinking about ripping the speaker membrane if thatís the right word shut it up that way leaving it connected up, surely that wont disturb the door electronics will it. ?
I must admit this 807 is the worst car we have ever had on warnings alarms and such, its like its alive just lieing to you to harvest money for the dealerships.
A mate had a C8 a few years ago now he said he put tape over the warning lights and turned the radio up but it still beeped at him incessantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in