806hdi 110 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-13, 02:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 806hdi 110

hi every one
newbie here looking for some help. just bought 2001 806hdi which i think isnt boosting properly seems a bit sluggish below 3000rpm, been trying to get my head round how the system works (new to turbo diesels).ther are 3 solenoids on the slam panel the left one goes to egr, the middle one to turbo waste gate but the one on the right i dont understand, the outlet on the solenoid goes to a actuator on the inlet manifold, what does it do?
theres another solenoid on the side of the engine under the air box it draws vacuum from the vac resevoir and has an outlet that goes to another acctuator just above it what do they both do?
there doesnt seem to be a lot of vacuum at the resevoir either but without understanding how all the components work i cant start to look for possible faults any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Dean
dean.b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-13, 05:54 PM   #2

Post up your engine code sounds like its the 16 valve engine from your description should be rhw

The solenoid under the airbox controls the swirl flaps this wont matter too much affects things a little but not much

Turbo solenoid uses vacum to close the wastegate no vacum no boost

The one going to the throttle butterfly on the intake closes when vacum applied should be open most of the time

Most faults boost related are down to lack of vacum or solenoids not getting power the pipework where all the vacum pipes connect tends to get blocked up and needs cleaned out /replaced

A boost gauge does for vacum checking should be plenty both at idle and reving

Last edited by reliable406; 08-02-13 at 05:57 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-13, 06:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi thanks for the reply,I've just had a look but can't find engine code any where will look again in daylight.is there anything else to distinguish between 8 and 16v.if I put a vac gauge on the vacuum resvoir how much vac should I be getting at tickover. I've not driven one of these before so got nothing to compare to but it just feels like the turbo just isn't cutting in most of the time and when it does it feels quite weak and quite high up the rev range.something I've read on the net says it should be making a bar of boost by 2000rpm and hold it until 3000rpm, does that sound about right.
What do the swirl flaps actually do

Last edited by dean.b; 08-02-13 at 06:56 PM. Reason: more info

Old 08-02-13, 07:14 PM   #4

Engine code is in the chassis number mines is vf38brhz then loads of numbers rhz being my engine code

8 valve you can see the injectors looks like 406 engine 16 valve injectors are further back and can barely be seen

Vacum should go to around the 20 mark on the vac side and reving it should stay there if its all over the place or very low then you willnot get boost

1 bar of boost is probably about right on a good engine i have never checked

Last edited by reliable406; 08-02-13 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-02-13, 07:17 PM   #5

Digits 6-8 of your vin should be engine code.
Old 08-02-13, 07:39 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks, its a rhw engine.
What do the swirl flaps do?
Is it possible to have a boost problem without it throwing up any fault codes?
Old 08-02-13, 07:54 PM   #7

Vacum problems will not neccesarily give you fault codes

Swirl flaps do nothing

There exact purpose is a secret under the official secrets act but suffice to say they remain open most of the time and as long as they remain open you can forget them

You will most likely find your actuator for them is broken at the rod or burst at the diaphram the later can affect vacum

If you have low boost the low boost code should be there though
Old 08-02-13, 08:15 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks for the info now I know how things should work I'll check all the vac pipes for leaks/blockages and make sure the waste gate actuator etc all work freely.
Thanks again
Dean.
Old 08-02-13, 08:25 PM   #9
Inactive User

Just one other thing do the swirl flaps require vac to keep them opened or does vac make them close
Old 08-02-13, 08:30 PM   #10

Vacum closes everything including wastegate

The egr valve opens by vacum though

If vacum is ok check the underbonnet fusebox behind the battery there is a fuse in there that feeds the solenoids cant remember the number though and this gives you lack of boost too sometimes

If solenoids are getting power you should feel a little warmth in them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in