806 'STOP' light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-07, 03:12 PM   #1

Default 806 'STOP' light

The STOP light on my 806 comes on at intermittent irregualar intervals along with the temperature overheating light. The car is not overheating but when the lights come all of the fans start to try to cool the engine down. The light comes on when it is hot, cold, or warm and switches off again despite the temperature. It is very eratic and I cannot find a reason fir it to come on. The A?C stopped working a little while ago and when the light came on the A/c stopped working then when it went out, it started again.

Has anyone any thoughts on what might be the cause.

Thanks

Stormin
nawatts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-07, 05:24 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi and welcome to the forum

The problem with intermittent faults is you really need to be there when it happens. It might just be down to a bad/coroded earth connection or a relay thats on its way out. sorry cant be of more help
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-07, 09:38 PM   #3

Default intermittent problem

Hi moose,

I agree with what you say and that it what the Peugeot garage said about four years ago when I first took it there and they said after charging me an exorbitant price that they could not find anything wrong. I have tolerated the problem for the last four years but now want to sell the car. As it is not worth much I am reluctant to take it to the Peugeot dealer. I am sure it is a very simple thing but I really do not know where to start. As I am sure you know you cannot get 806 manuals and I am sure it is difficult to get a wiring diagram.

Many thanks anyway for the very quick response.

Stormin'
nawatts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-07, 06:53 PM   #4
Inactive User

Here are a few more possibilites-

Insufficient coolant in system
faulty thermostat
Radiator core blocked, or grille restricted.
thermostatic switch and/or faulty electric cooling fan
faulty pressure cap
incorrect timing ignition or faulty ignition system
temperature gauge sender unit faulty
cooling system suffering from an airlock
damaged hoses or clips
leaking heater matrix
faulty water pump either seal or gasket
leaking core plug
overheating due to boiling
cylinder head gasket leaking or cracked possibly even the engine block
incorrect coolant mix

Like i said you would really need to see it to try and get to the bottom of this problem
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-08-07, 03:13 PM   #5

Definately a faulty thermostat that is causing the issue. The ac and radiator are combined, if one is malfunctioning or sending out an error code to the ecu then the other will cease to function, the solution is to replace the thermostat at first then do a radiator pressure test to determine if the system is functioning, also you may want to check the fuel tank for any possible fuel contamination. As car electronics age the microprocessors will misread certain engine commands and throw out inconsistent malfunction commands. But I don't believe the 806 is a dud nor has your car got serious issues.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-12-09, 02:18 PM   #6

Smile Me too...and also...its gone dead!

Hi there, this is my first time on the forum, I have the same problem with me stop light flashing on and off when it feels like. I have had no problems with overheating either, and no effect on the air con when the stop light plays up. So I always assumed it was a dodgy thermostat or connections. But that may not even be related to my problem....

Yesterday I pulled over for a second switched off engine - car full of kids wife dog christmas shopping then the whole thing went dead!! no lights no ignition no central locking!!!! What can this be??? I have an idea it could be a bad earth or something - dont really know where that is even - gonna go and have a look this afternoon...any ideas much appreciated.
thanks...
Merry Christmas..
bongosi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-10, 05:55 PM   #7
Inactive User

over heat and fans cutting in but temp needle on about 70c is the coolant temp sensor about £12 easy to fit
bigboots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-10, 12:20 PM   #8

Default Easy even for me

Hi,
Had the same problem as you guys and because I live in France & speak french went on to some of the french forums where I found this answer:

le probleme vient des deux connexion sous ton filtre a gasoil, elle ont du prendre l humiditée, moteur arreter, debranche les, controles les cosses a l interieur quelle ne soit pas oxidée,nettoye les avec du papier de verre en glissant un petit tournevis, rebranche et c est fini! attention quand meme de ne pas frotter trop fort avec ton tournevis!

If your french isn't too good this translates as:

There is a connector just above the fuel filter, disconect and clean this with emery cloth.

It worked for me!!!

Good luck
owen123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in