806 Running Problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-13, 04:42 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 806 Running Problems

Hello,

Could really do with some help if possible, if anybody on this forum could help I would be grateful.

I have a Peugeot 806 2.0HDI year 2001, came up with a fault code P0230, fuel pump circuit.

The fuel pump when you switched the ignition on sounded very rough, it wouldn't rev over 3000rpm, the engine ran on when you switched it off for a few seconds and the engine light was on the dash.

I changed the fuel pump and if anything it is slightly worse, it now cuts out as well when you take your foot of the accelerator and you start braking. If I take the wires off of the common rail pressure sensor, it will drive without cutting out and it doesn't run on when you switch it off, but it still has the light on and still won't rev past 3000rpm and it runs very rough. I have fitted a new common rail pressure sensor thinking it may be that (120 worth) but it is still the same.

It now comes up with the code P0230 and also it Fuel Pump Primary Circuit under the same code.

I have also noticed that the fuel pump, when you switch the ignition on, runs for quite a long time, probably twice as long as an 806 I had before, as if some pressure switch isn't switching it off when it should..

Could anyone have an answer to this?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by RCS2810; 20-06-13 at 04:49 PM.
RCS2810 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-13, 10:04 PM   #2

Hi RCS,

Did you ever get to the bottom of your issue?
*welsh* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-07-13, 12:55 PM   #3
Inactive User

Yes and no. I took the high pressure regulator off the right of the high pressure pump and found a small bit of metal on it, cleaned it put it back together and was running perfect. Problem came back, took regulator off, cleaned it, put it back on and now its leaking diesel from the regulator, have replaced all seals and gaskets but still leaking.
RCS2810 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in