806 Roland Garros: things to look out for when buying - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By COLINELLIS
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-13, 08:34 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 806 Roland Garros: things to look out for when buying

I am tomorrow off to look at an 806 hdi (90) Roland Garros.
Just wondering what to look out for? Potential engine problems etc. Any advice much appreciated thanks.
Andy_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-13, 03:36 PM   #2
Inactive User

Correction its a 1.9td. Is that a chain or cam belt does anybody know?
Old 12-12-13, 04:59 PM   #3

I think its a belt but without engine code its a guess, someone like reliable406 will hopefully be along soon and i bet he knows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-12-13, 05:18 AM   #4
Inactive User

Off to see it on saturday now. Its an (old!) S reg 806 1.9td Roland Garros. 123,000 miles, no tax and only mot'd until feb. Seller tells me its in excellent condition bodily with no scratches/dings whatsoever. Says it is also mechanically great. Only 2 minor probs:
1. You can't open one of the sliding rear doors from outside (works fine from inside though) so it sounds like doorcard off to se whats going on.
2. The digital aircon doesn't work. Says heater and fan work fine, but the aircon has been 'bypassed' (whatever that means) and it can be sorted with a 30 scrapyard part. Will quiz him more on this when I see the car.

He's asking 650 which seems like a bargain to me if its as good as he says.
Old 13-12-13, 09:19 AM   #5
chopper1192

It's a belt, thank God.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-12-13, 05:26 AM   #6
COLINELLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_W View Post
Off to see it on saturday now. Its an (old!) S reg 806 1.9td Roland Garros. 123,000 miles, no tax and only mot'd until feb. Seller tells me its in excellent condition bodily with no scratches/dings whatsoever. Says it is also mechanically great. Only 2 minor probs:
1. You can't open one of the sliding rear doors from outside (works fine from inside though) so it sounds like doorcard off to se whats going on.
2. The digital aircon doesn't work. Says heater and fan work fine, but the aircon has been 'bypassed' (whatever that means) and it can be sorted with a 30 scrapyard part. Will quiz him more on this when I see the car.

He's asking 650 which seems like a bargain to me if its as good as he says.
Yep doors off to see whats wrong with the locking mechanism probably just a broken clip or something. The main thing that would worry me is that why would you bypass something like the air con for the sake of a 30 part from a scrappy??? Surely what he's saying there is " Hi would you like to buy my car that now looks nice as i've just washed it, I know you will discover that the AC is faulty so ill tell you some story about it being a cheap fix in the hope you wont notice that I have neglected to maintain my car properly and its about to become a money pit so I want to offload it on some gullible person ( Evil Laugh ) hahahahah! " Far from trying to be negative it may actually be a lovely motor that will give you years of enjoyment, I mean i always buy cars that have a few issues as i actually enjoy getting out the spanners of a weekend and rectifying issues as a hobby, what im trying to say is go look but listen to your head as well as your heart so that you don't end up with a lemon
chopper1192 likes this.
Old 14-12-13, 07:14 AM   #7

I know nothing about these vehicles, I almost bought one once but thought it was too van like and wanted something smaller.
However with regard to the airconn.
Do you really need it? if the heater works fine i.e. keeps to the constant temp then normally opening a window will be OK on a hot day in the UK. Even if it is very hot it could be used for jsut a few days a year.
Old 14-12-13, 06:34 PM   #8
chopper1192

Tis like Muppets who say "aircon doesn't work but only needs a regas." Really? Why haven't you done it already then?

I quite like these cars. They don't drive too bad, and the interior is very versatile with the rotating front seats. Make for a nice family day to the seaside car.
Old 14-12-13, 07:05 PM   #9

Older engine is actually much better reliability wise than the hdi it is a belt and is easy to do.

Door not opening could just be the outer handle if they get pulled to hard they pop out the rocker that links to the rod inside it just needs popped back in. no need to even remove door panel 2 screws in front edge of door and out it pops.

Aircon why bother
chopper1192 likes this.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-13, 03:21 PM   #10

806's and Synergies are great buys but for the cable clutch which if you are a sad old git like me makes for a sore knee after driving into central London and back. 807's are improved in almost every way but especially the hydraulic clutch which is much less effort
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in