806 interior lights and cigarette lighter not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-13, 11:03 PM   #1

Unhappy 806 interior lights and cigarette lighter not working

2001 806 2.0 HDi Quicksilver. All my interior lights have stopped working automatically when car is unlocked or doors opened. Rear one can be turned on manually but not the others. At the same time, i think, my front cigarette lighter and rear aux socket are dead - all fuses in box seem ok - any ideas? Curiously just the n/s passenger side door open warning light has also stopped working at the same time - related?
hdihater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-13, 09:21 PM   #2

Default Update

After having another good look found the 20A fuse for the cigarette lighter was blown behind the glove box. I hate coincidences.

After a bit of searching on the internet i think interior light problem must be due to failed relay. Does anyone now where it is located and what it looks like.

Checked bulb in door open indicator display and its fine so thats still a bit of a mystery.
Old 12-01-13, 02:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default another relay problem

Hi there i am having a similar issue with my indicator lights. they're not working! fuses all look ok. when i turn indicators on there is no ticking noise and no flashing lights, curiously the indicators all flash when i lock or unlock the car. i think i may have a relay issue too. hand book does not tell you which relay is which so i have no idea which one (potentially) needs replacing. does anyone have any ideas where i can find some sort of guide on which rel;ay is which? relays located in fuse box in side car and in the fuse box in the engine bay. any info greatly appreciated.

scottiedog92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-13, 02:54 PM   #4
Inactive User

indicator relay is located under the steering column - remove the 2 T20 torx screws and `split` the plastic shroud - you have 2 relays and iirc its the one on the left
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-13, 04:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default indicator fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
indicator relay is located under the steering column - remove the 2 T20 torx screws and `split` the plastic shroud - you have 2 relays and iirc its the one on the left

many thanks, will have a go later tonight / tomorrow morning. hopefully i can find the faulty part and get a replacement. gotta be cheaper than going to garage.
scottiedog92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-13, 02:52 PM   #6

Check the black rocker switch behind the panoramic mirror is in the middle, if it is to one side the interior lights stop working, easily knocked.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-08-14, 01:09 PM   #7

Still no luck finding the delay relay for this, got a new one its brown and white but where the little sod is I don't know
Old 28-08-14, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiedog92 View Post
Hi there i am having a similar issue with my indicator lights. they're not working! fuses all look ok. when i turn indicators on there is no ticking noise and no flashing lights, curiously the indicators all flash when i lock or unlock the car. i think i may have a relay issue too. hand book does not tell you which relay is which so i have no idea which one (potentially) needs replacing. does anyone have any ideas where i can find some sort of guide on which rel;ay is which? relays located in fuse box in side car and in the fuse box in the engine bay. any info greatly appreciated.

does it have a comms unit if so there is not relay for indicators
Old 28-08-14, 01:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdihater View Post
Still no luck finding the delay relay for this, got a new one its brown and white but where the little sod is I don't know
does it have a comms unit if so there is no relay its all controlled by the bsi
Old 28-08-14, 01:20 PM   #10

No sorry its the interior light relay I am looking for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in