806 hdi webasto heater wiring - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-13, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 806 hdi webasto heater wiring

Hi does any one know how to wire one of these up as have got one for my hdi expert van so it warm up quicker in winter was just going to put it to a switched live to get it to work but dont know what wires are live and what are earth there are 4 wires 1 large yellow/green what i think will be earth, 1 large blue what i am thinking will be live but there are 2 small wires 1 white and 1 yellow, does any one know what these are any help would be much app....
simon125lc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-08-13, 07:58 PM   #2

If its the same unit at 807 these instructions show how it's wired into the car. I used them to make my own remote start unit from memory earthing pin 5 on the unit is the start up signal but I cannot remember which is the main power connections etc are.

I think it was a total of 5 connections for +12V, Ground, Diags +, Diags- and the Start signal.

http://doc.webasto-russia.ru/Car/Cit...c8_z-c_d_e.pdf
Old 16-08-13, 09:22 PM   #3
Inactive User

no sorry the one i have has only 4 wires as i said and only want to wire it up with live, earth and switched live but thank for trying to help
simon125lc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-08-13, 10:27 PM   #4

Colour codes on PSA cars do not relate to wiring as such they repeat the colours there should be a code number on wire. This link may help point you in right direction if numbers are shown.

Peugeot Wiring Diagrams
Old 02-03-14, 07:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
If its the same unit at 807 these instructions show how it's wired into the car. I used them to make my own remote start unit

http://doc.webasto-russia.ru/Car/Cit...c8_z-c_d_e.pdf
I would be interested in how you done the remote start. The webasto is working fine on my 807, but a remote start would be great.
Thanks
deannos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-14, 06:03 PM   #6

I will have a search around to see if I kept my plans.

I know it was not to difficult I used a Maplin 2 channel RF kit with a couple of change over relays to connect to the blower and heater wiring, a basic NE555 Timer IC set for 20 mins to switch it off and a variable voltage regulator to set fan speed.

I think it cost about 50 ish quid to build.

You can sometimes get the factory timer kit cheap on ebay
Old 13-03-14, 08:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannos View Post
I would be interested in how you done the remote start. The webasto is working fine on my 807, but a remote start would be great.
I'm not him, but I also fitted a remote to my 807's webasto and did a writeup here: Cheap webasto remote control | Frodes blog
frodef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-14, 10:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodef View Post
I'm not him, but I also fitted a remote to my 807's webasto and did a writeup here: Cheap webasto remote control | Frodes blog
Hi, I did find this earlier, but i don't have the 1533 controller on mine. So would i have to fit that first. How did it perform, did the remote drain the battery to quick.

Dean
Old 13-03-14, 10:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannos View Post
Hi, I did find this earlier, but i don't have the 1533 controller on mine. So would i have to fit that first. How did it perform, did the remote drain the battery to quick.
So how do you operate the webasto then, just a simple on/off?

The battery drain is reasonable, I don't think it's an issue for a healthy battery so long as you're using the car at least a few times every month. Having said that I'd look carefully at passive power usage when selecting a remote unit. I disconnect the remote unit in the summertime when it's not going to be used.
frodef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-14, 10:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodef View Post
So how do you operate the webasto then, just a simple on/off?
Its controlled by the cars ECU on starting the engine, if below a certain temp it switches on, till water reaches operating temp then switches off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in