806 (2001) running like a dog! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-14, 04:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 806 (2001) running like a dog!

Hi there, I'm a newbie to this forum. I own an 806, use it as a 2nd vehicle for fishing, dog, mountain bike etc..been great!

Whilst I was off road several weeks ago, I did hit a huge ditch too quickly and there was a large crack. Once I got back on the main road, the car was shacking, similar to when you have a badly balanced wheel but more.

The car went in, wheels balanced but no difference. I then noticed the car started to misfire, especially shortly after start up, kangarooing etc…At around 50mph the car shakes badly and the misfire eases once up and running but kicks in every now and again, especially when you demand power.

The car has gone back into the garage, to be honest we both thought 'drive shafts' but they've checked it all over they seem fine, nothing looks to be cracked or damaged underneath, fuel lines have been checked too.

The garage consider it could be the Dual Mass Cylinder, but obviously the gearbox has to drop to see if it is.

I appreciate my garbled message could be a number of things but if any peugeot expert could offer some sound advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Craig.
R33P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-14, 05:01 PM   #2

Sorry I am no expert. Presumably the 'dual mass cylinder' is the dual mass flywheel or DMF, can't see that this could cause a misfire or loss of go as it is there to smooth out gearchanges and take off, your 806 may not have one in any event.
I think water has got in somewhere, it would be worth disconnecting the battery and taking off all the plugs on the engine wiring harness including the ecu and checking for signs of water ingress and drying any wet areas out etc.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in