806 1.9DT Cooling Fan Behaviour - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-17, 01:14 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 806 1.9DT Cooling Fan Behaviour

Hi was hoping for some advise. I have a 1999 806 1.9DT with 185,000 miles. The cars runs sweet, doesnt overheat, coolant is clean, oil is clean.
The problem I am having is with the cooling fan, it kicks in as and when it wants too. When ever I am driving the car it is coming on and is normally on when I arrive at my destination but the temperature is fine, water levels etc.... also fine. It will also kick in when the car has been running a matter of seconds and hasnt even reached warm. Just comes on and off as and when it wants too.

Any suggestions?
mrbleeding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-17, 03:46 PM   #2

Does it have aircon?
citrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-17, 02:07 AM   #3
Inactive User

It did yes, but the pulley for the compressor has been bypassed (previous owner) and the compressor has seized.

Having done about 100 miles in it today I noticed that the temperature gauge is all over the place. I am going to change the coolant temperature sensor tomorrow, I can get one for about 6 including VAT. So starting there seems the best place.

Does anyone know where it is? I havent looked yet, I am guessing without looking either in the radiator or beside the thermostat housing??

Thanks.

Old 02-01-17, 08:56 AM   #4

As you'll probably know, the fans run all the time the a/c is switched on, maybe something has disturbed this.

The temp gauge sender is as you say, alongside or on top of the thermostat housing.
Old 11-01-17, 05:23 PM   #5
Inactive User

Just a quick update, my fuel gauge has stopped working (the fuel light works though) and the temperature gauge varies from 0-70 degrees but never goes higher. The warning buzzer that tells you that your lights are still on shows very odd behavior.

After a lot of research and going to see various people, it would appear the instrument cluster is at fault. I am able to get hold of another set of clocks.

Are they coded? Or are they just plug and play units?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 11-01-17, 06:20 PM   #6

Plug and play, I even fitted a petrol Synergie one to my Ulysse diesel and to my suprise everything worked.

But.......

there are 2 types to my knowledge.

this is one (with all the bulbs removed)

the other type has several plugs postioned around the upper outer edges of the panel.
Old 12-01-17, 03:15 AM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks The instrument cluster I am taking out of a spares car tomorrow is from a 2002 petrol 806 so I will check they match before i swap them over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in