2.0hdi mot advisory - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By chopper1192

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-12, 04:15 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default HDI SMOKING BADLY.... Help Required Please

As we only bought this car a week ago, i though i'd check the mot history online,
Advisory was 02/12/11 Exhaust emmitting blue smoke on acceleration.

The dealer i bought it from said it was standing for several weeks before it was mot'd and stood a good couple of weeks before we bought it, i didnt notice anything out of the ordinary when we went to buy it, but come to think of it when we reverse it in the drive it does smell very diesel'y ,

should i be worried about anything here.

Last edited by martinwf5; 19-02-12 at 09:16 PM.
martinwf5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-12, 07:01 AM   #2
chopper1192

As you probably know, blue smoke means you're burning an engine - it's oil, black being overfuelling, white meaning excessive moisture is present.

The car having been standing won't be a factor - the emissions test is suppsoed to be done on a hot engine, and on diesels needs to be well and truly hot before the test can be done effectively. If it's hot enough to pass the emissions smoke test, yet is still emitting blue smoke you've got problems.

Causes could be several including bore wear, valve/seat/seal wear, or turbo problems, none of which are good.

I'd find the AA man you employed to inspect your car prior to purchase and tweak his nipples as punishment.
john_h and Gibbo like this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-12, 04:19 PM   #3
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwf5 View Post
As we only bought this car a week ago, i though i'd check the mot history online,
Advisory was 02/12/11 Exhaust emmitting blue smoke on acceleration.
You should have seen this on the MOT when buying the car, let along checking online. It clearly states if advisory was issued on each MOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
I'd find the AA man you employed to inspect your car prior to purchase and tweak his nipples as punishment.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-12, 08:13 PM   #4
Inactive User

we had the eml illuminate , so took it back to the garage as we just had the timing belt , tensioner and water pump replaced.

fault code was heater plug circuit fail, so after a while he reset and checked and everything is fine + no blue smoke.
Old 19-02-12, 09:13 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default Help plzz

AS last post regarding smoking ,

we have had several issues this weekend

car reaches 70mph on motorway , not sure if its linked i press the cruise control button and it goes into limp mode with EML on.

I took it to a garage that cleared the code, said circuit A failure.

Kept doing it on motorwary at speed, but not local roads 30/60 mph

smoking really bad on tick over , but not that much at speed, using no oil.

thanks in advance ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in