1320 fault???????????? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-16, 10:09 PM   #1

Default 1320 fault????????????

My car cut out for no reason and my pp2000 gave me this code, along with cant connect to the engine ecu??????????????
I cant remember the exact wording but it was something like, +ve power loss from power control unit to engine ecu?????????? does anyone know where it is? and how do I test this fault?
Is it a common fault?
Has anyone had/sorted this fault before?
Two weeks ago I had the MAF replaced, along with the Fuel Filler pipe/cap sensor, Full service, brakes all done, gearbox oil changed, engine oil and filtre replaced, fuel filtre replaced, air filtre replaced, all for a long journey up North, done nearly 400miles not a miss fire, cough, nothing, then on my way home from work it cut out in the middle of the road, rush hour, no warning? and wont start ever since?
Its never ending these faults no matter how well I look after it? ive never had a car so unreliable in my life!!!
I ended up buying a laptop and pp2000 kit to save being robbed by peugeot, but it still costs a fortune every time I use it?

2003, mint condition, 2.2hdi exec, 63000 mls on the clock heading for the scrap yard at this rate, I wont even sell it as I wouldn't inflict this car on anyone.
Hi all, again. Still no joy starting this 807 of mine removed all fuses checked them twice, all good, all connections good on the fuse boxes? Turns over, won't start? Pp2000 says can't communicate with engine ecu? So I removed the pollen filter ( didn't know I could do that?) and found this picture 1. Abig thick wire with a burst out bolt on it from a big relay ( picture 2)? So got another relay fitted it and still no joy? But this relay has power supplied to it no matter which fuse you remove? Power only gets removed when you disconnect the battery? Has this burnt out the Loom???

Now ive found the power supply lead to the glow plugs runs direct to earth ( shorted glow plug ) tested at the engine connection at the side of the cyl head.

now having ripped the car apart I have noticed that the engine management light on the dash dosent come on at all now? where does that get supplied from?
Attached Thumbnails
pp2000.jpg  

Last edited by mizzow; 31-05-16 at 06:30 PM. Reason: trying to post a picture + updates
mizzow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-05-16, 06:20 AM   #2

Don't know if this helps;

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1320 Crankshaft Segment Period Segment Adaptation at Limit

Check the crankshaft sync on PP.
mizzow likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-16, 06:56 AM   #3

Hope you get it fixed, how about re-doing the earths on the chassis legs? Try wiggling the loom as someone tries to start it especially when the loom extends from rear left of engine and top of gearbox to body. 2003 807 GLX 220K
mizzow likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-05-16, 06:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzow View Post
My car cut out for no reason and my pp2000 gave me this code, along with cant connect to the engine ecu??????????????
Some Lexia hardware with Planet can't read the engine ECU. My 307 is the same. You need revision C with Diagbox 7.
mizzow likes this.
Old 25-05-16, 10:17 PM   #5

Its not a "p"code its just 1320. no connection to engine ECU? ive got a picture of the pp2000 screen. im trying to post it here somewhere? its on the top post now.

Last edited by mizzow; 25-05-16 at 10:32 PM. Reason: picture added
Old 25-05-16, 10:30 PM   #6

If only my friends were interested enough to help me? ha.
I see you have had experience with this, Its such a shame as my car doesnt do more than 4, or 4 and half thousand miles a Year? its such a stupid intermitant fault on a well kept car, and its almost impossible to find the fault?

Last edited by mizzow; 25-05-16 at 10:33 PM. Reason: mistake correction
Old 25-05-16, 10:32 PM   #7

control unit 1320 is the engine ecu i believe you need to go back into planet and go through the BSI checking for comms to engine ecu and whether its unlocked planet can do lots more than just code read.

I would also check the fuses next to battery inside the car as to be honest it sounds like a power issue.
mizzow likes this.
Old 26-05-16, 07:19 PM   #8

Thanks, Im going to test the battery compartment fuses tonight, I removed and tested all the fuses in the engine compart fuse box last night.
It wasnt until I removed the entire fuse box that I found 8 of those big fuses? as I could only ever see 4! I tested the lot and the relay in there as well, everyone of them were good. also tested the three relays ( two green one blue ) in the wee box above the radiator, all good too.
Old 26-05-16, 07:23 PM   #9

If it is a power issue its more likely to be at battery inside car as the wires get dirty and wet from wet feet the covers dont really work very well
mizzow likes this.
Old 26-05-16, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
control unit 1320 is the engine ecu i believe you need to go back into planet and go through the BSI checking for comms to engine ecu and whether its unlocked planet can do lots more than just code read.

I would also check the fuses next to battery inside the car as to be honest it sounds like a power issue.
Thanks reliable406, checked the battery compartment fuse box tonight, totally clean,dry,tight, all fuses/wires in good condition.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in