Peugeot Forums banner

Do us all a favour Peugeot Forum

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  sterion75 
#1 ·
:(

Trawling forum threads according to the form of Peugeot product is not enough. Trawling through hours of sub topics is nippy. And realising how long this takes to come out none the wiser is just incapacitating. Three letters: F.A.Q. Its not a web swear word. Its great.

The category of model would be amazing to have common problems and solutions compiled in a FAQ for that model, eg; 307 FAQ, Blipper FAQ, Expert FAQ, Partner FAQ...

I may be accused of being a forum troll, witch is not my intention. Id like to see a Frequently Asked Question section compiled by the forum admin or some web monkey. Id offer my services, but I think my impression of this forum being a resource is more like an inception to devoice myself from it. I ask for help, and there is nothing.

I have thrown money at the van. More than it cost, to keep it going longer than the 3 months I have owned it, I believe in sustainability and DIY, with a good reference. Already the locks are failing, and I'm roping the doors together. The gearbox has been replaced since it imploded, and the clutch (dual mass SUKKK!!), and the radio/cd is just becoming self aware. The van is good to go, but its the amount of essential knowledge to actually maintain the damn thing is required from THIS FORUM. "Its French". SO FRIGGIN WHAT! Its a VAN made on this planet! I want to utilise the forum, and there is just a massive trawl to find nothing relating to the common problems that can be avoided/fixed. "You are failing to describe the problem"... I have forum membership elsewhere for motorbikes - FAQ is VERY USEFUL UTILITY for even the admin/terminator/minator that lurks about being irate pointing folk to the same page IF they decide to react...

Just have a FAQ. I can do basic web work, and I know "sudden launch" forum templates are supporting such a feature. USE IT PLEEEEEEASE. It will save you and us time. (this is like talking to god, you dunno if god'll respond) KERPOW!! :eek:

Haynes Suk, and the other bloke who writes the other type of owners manual deals only with the engine and circuit. Alas his much amazing work has stopped. The poor fella died. RIP.

Pull it together Peugeot Forum, your representation is lacking in user support and response. Its a dead end friend so far.

Please PM me. Im a human that listens, and responds.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sir thanks for even reading the post. I appreciate it, and your response...

My god - you literally have shown me an alternative I never knew. Thank you sir!! Alas this has doubled my trawling load. And I need to sharpen my German. Here goes! :cool:

Euro van. Is that a general jargon amongst some?

I hope the FAQ on this site does become reality. I favour this site. It seems, British... :eek:

#4 ·
Yes must admit this is best site i have used its not clicky if you know what i mean most are willing to help anyone if they can.
Lots of people come here for help with problems i would say 50% of them say something like (car will not start) or refer to DPF problems and the answers are here without asking .
Only so many people with the knowledge to answer some questions and can`t be here all the time.

I understand what your saying about FAQ would help and i know the mods are trying to add sections like how to guides .

Big bug bear of mine is hardly anyone says where they are from as this helps when it comes to giving someone a nudge with PP2000 thats near to them.

#6 ·
Interesting how many responses occurred already. thanks.

my current problem is: 1, locks, and 2, wheel arches , 3, internal lights don't come on when doors open/close, so far they have all failed. dash light also doesn't respond to doors.

1, All I ask is about locating solutions for tumblers in the door locks (A very frequent problem with expert) - are they fixable or do i throw even more money at it to get security? they just spin or dont turn at all. ALL BAR ONE door. I am not a bottomless pit of dosh though.

2, The front wheel arches have mud guard cowels held on with plastic studs, my left front fell off today returning from garage :mad: . Can I use an alternative method NOT zip ties? I hate the thought of traversing potholes we tax payers are annoyed at to stop the suspension and body work being mauled and throwing themselves off the vehicle.

The rest of the problems are just superfluous just now. I could care less.

All my previous requests for help have been solved by the garage and myself. I just never knew a 'new' van could harbour so many problems. :nono:

Dual mass clutches?! who's idea was that?

A FAQ is the grease for a smoother transition of riding learning curves...

People; thanks a mint so far.

#9 ·
F A Q's

mmm interesting topic as I have just been trawling for some time too. Read a lot of posts, passed some time, none wasted as I have gained some bits and pieces but need to post a question and it may mean a new thread. I have to think as I didn't find my answer maybe the question hasn't been asked, so we'll try a new thread; If i'm wrong my apologies. :eek:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.