Peugeot Forums banner

Factory installed reversing sensors

68K views 184 replies 12 participants last post by  carlo11 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Im wondering, how do actually factroy installed sensors work on 407? Do you get a pic of car on the small lcd with bars for distance or anything? Does it buzz or beep?

Im looking to install the sensors myself, but what im after is to have that feel, as if its factory installed. Can i even find the reversing sensors like that to install? if yes, Ebay or just stealers?

G
#2 ·
AFAIK this includes my car the 407 doesn't come with info on the lcd but this can be enabled later with pug planet, comes as standard with beeps only.
I have seen genuine 407 reversing kits on ebay before now.

#3 ·
Cool, do we have anyone on here who might have enabled that for their peugeot? Im really curious to see a video of it in action or anything. :)

As for ebay, no luck so far, i tried searching "407 oem parking sensors", "407 original parking sensors" and got nothing :confused:

#8 ·
CAB, thanks mate, that is awesome. :) Kudos

Magma, do you know which kit i would need to install to get such image on my lcd screen?

Also, do we know which lcd screens support reversing sensors. Imma gonna make this the official "do it yourself factory-like installed reversing sensors" :D

From what i see on service box, my car already has some sort of "ELECTRO UNIT", part number 6590 L7.

Would anyone be so kind to share their VIN with me so i can take a gander on service box and get all the part numbers necessary. Thanks :)

#9 ·
This includes both front and rear sensors.

I always end up thinking "ah i have no more than 5cm to that wall", go out of the car, and theres still like 1m of space left. And the other time when i think "oh i have plenty of space" i end up bumping into whatever is infront of me :D

#15 · (Edited)
Meh so i took the plunge and i purchased 4 of those sensors, now i just hope they are a match!! :)

So far, my list of necessary parts so far is:

1x 6584 JG - HARNESS F LIGHTS (CONTAINS THE OBSTABLE DETECTOR CONNECTIONS)
1x 6528 R7 - PLATE HARNESS (OBSTACLE DETECTOR UNTIL RPO No. 11556)
8x 6590 CK - SENSOR (FRONT-REAR RADAR OBSTACLE SENSOR)
1x 7414 FW - SENSOR SUPPORT (REAR)
1x 7422 45 - SENSOR SUPPORT (FRONT)
1x 6554 FA - SWITCH BLOCK (ALARM ULTRASONIC+PERIMETER STD AND OBSTACLE DETECTOR)

1x ???????? - LCD screen that supports reversing display
1x ???????? - ELECTRO UNIT (few possible ones are 6590 GK, 6590 GL)

If anyone can fill me up on those, i would greatly appreciate it. Like i mentioned my car already has the 6590 L7 Electric unit for sensors and 6593 49 LCD screen. Now i only need to find out if those two support sensors. Depending if my electro unit supports no or only rear sensors i migth just do that for the start. so lets see. Any help appreciated.

#16 ·
1x ???????? - LCD screen that supports reversing display
1x ???????? - ELECTRO UNIT (few possible ones are 6590 GK, 6590 GL)

If anyone can fill me up on those, i would greatly appreciate it. Like i mentioned my car already has the 6590 L7 Electric unit for sensors and 6593 49 LCD screen.
Halp! please :D Magma, c'mon mate im sure you are privy to that stuff. :)

#22 · (Edited)
Small update on the progress of project, so far i managed to locate PP2000 repairshop who are willing to do the coding, for 20EUR flat. As for parts i got:

- 4 sensors 120EUR, seem to be either 6590 CK or 6590 88, waiting to be shipped.
- sensor support 39EUR from stealers.
- parking switch 23EUR shipped

Now i only need the rear wiring harness, those buggers seem expensive, stealers want 170EUR for them... ffffuuuuu :eek: Anyone happen to have one of those lying around?

Hopefuly i wont need to change the electric unit and lcd. :) The parking switch i got is from 1007, they are the same except that middle switch there is for esp, and on mine its for ultrasonic alarm thingy. So ill just rip out my button and stick it on there. Perfect :D

#28 ·
Mine doesnt have buttons under lcd, but rather everything is on RD4 unit.
Long number on rear side is 9664644280-02. SW 51.6 HW 1503

So im hoping i wont have to replace it. But, when push comes to shove, i can always install the sensors, wire everything up and see what happens, if it works, great, if it doesnt, ill start looking for different lcd. :|

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.