Peugeot Forums banner

Fault Code:P0234

54K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  kpanting 
#1 ·
Hello again,ive got a turbo boost fault,something about high pressure.

the code is:p0234

does anyone know what the remedy or actual problem could be please.

help a brother out lol :thumb::D

#7 ·
Hi, I am new to this site, I have a engine fault code 0246 on my peugeot 806.

Been losing power when going on long journeys, cannot rev past 3000 rpm. It goes back to normal after a few minutes.

not good when you are about to over take, anyone have any ideas please

Regards

Bazza

#10 ·
Just to echo David Ireland's comment:

Check the vacuum circuit - my 806 was loosing power and going into limp home mode.

There was a tiny tear/hole in the rubber diaphragm that operates the pollution control butterfly valves (aka swirl control actuator).

The leak was enough to loose vacuum such that when the turbo was required there was not enough vacuum left to operate it.
Also on my 806 the cup at the end of the accuator rod had broken too.
I fixed it but still had the power loss until we took the thing apart and discovered the hole.

Took ages to diagnose as all the faults point to elctrical/turbo related problems.

HTH
C.T.

#13 ·
p0234, most of the time it is a problem with the turbo control valve. There is an electric valve that is controlling the turbo with vacuum. Check the electric valve, and the filter where the valve can let escape vacuum. The filter is placed by the diesel injectors, when they leak or leaked the filter can be blocked with dirt.

#14 ·
I just thought I'd add a couple of pictures from my 806 to show the vacuum circuit and the actuator that operates the pollution control butterfly valves (aka swirl control actuator).

There is a massive thread about the swirl actuator in French on forum-peugeot, this page shows the actuator as item 15.
In French they call it "capsule de commande du volet d'air"

This is a new one as a spare part: Auto part

It has two problems eventually the socket on the end of the actuator arm gets a crack and then snaps. So although the actuator actuates the swirl valve control lever doesn't move.

The other problem is more subtle, over time the actuator diaphragm gets holed and vacuum is lost. Since the holes in the diaphragm are small loss on vacuum is slight and behaviour varies with driving style/mode. As vacuum is lost the other solenoids attached to the same vacuum circuit erroneously show failures. This can show as intermittent EGR failures sending the engine into limp home mode.

This picture highlights it on my 806 HDi: Auto part Automotive wheel system Fuel line Metal

These are the vacuum solenoids connected to the same vacuum circuit: Auto part Engine Fuel line Metal

So people start to look at the EGR/turbo for the problem :confused: - when the fault is a few pin prick sized holes in a rubber diaphragm elsewhere. :mad:

HTH
CT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.