New SW - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 508 > 508 (2018+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-18, 10:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 116
Default New SW

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/103658...state-pictures
for pictures and an article on the new 508SW
PatrickNeame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 25-11-18, 03:28 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Looks Brillant
__________________
AKA volts
voltzs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-11-18, 06:32 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 357
Default

It does look very very good. Surprised to see the roof is no longer panoramic - only a half version.
weedavemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 27-11-18, 10:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 116
Default

To be honest i wouldn't order the panoramic roof as an optional extra. I usually have to close it up to keep the sun out of my eyes much to the disappointment of the children. If it had been designed to roll up above the driver's head that would have worked much better, the space used for the rolled blind would have provided a useful sun shield for me while still allowing the children to enjoy the sky.
On the new car there look to be some bulges around the tailgate hinges so I'm guessing they've added some strength to the roof at the expense of a full length panoramic roof.
PatrickNeame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-11-18, 07:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickNeame View Post
To be honest i wouldn't order the panoramic roof as an optional extra. I usually have to close it up to keep the sun out of my eyes much to the disappointment of the children. If it had been designed to roll up above the driver's head that would have worked much better, the space used for the rolled blind would have provided a useful sun shield for me while still allowing the children to enjoy the sky.
On the new car there look to be some bulges around the tailgate hinges so I'm guessing they've added some strength to the roof at the expense of a full length panoramic roof.
Personally, I really like the panoramic roof. The only time I close it up is when the car gets too hot. Driving, the sun does not get in my eyes.
weedavemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-11-18, 07:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 116
Default

One of the other features that I noticed, in comparison to the old car, is that the rear passengers door windows now feature a pillar. I assume it will allow the window to go all the way down. In the unlikely event that I actually buy one this will please the children no end. However, aesthetically, I think the no pillar design is preferrable, a feature that really helped the look of the old car.
Despite liking the new car I expect Iíll just keep driving my 2013 two litre until legislation forces Euro 5 (diesel) cars off the road. My guess on that question is five years by which time my car will be ready to croak anyway!
PatrickNeame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-18, 07:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickNeame View Post
One of the other features that I noticed, in comparison to the old car, is that the rear passengers door windows now feature a pillar. I assume it will allow the window to go all the way down. In the unlikely event that I actually buy one this will please the children no end. However, aesthetically, I think the no pillar design is preferrable, a feature that really helped the look of the old car.
Despite liking the new car I expect Iíll just keep driving my 2013 two litre until legislation forces Euro 5 (diesel) cars off the road. My guess on that question is five years by which time my car will be ready to croak anyway!
And the front windows have lost their pillars.
weedavemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-19, 12:36 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
denis1304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 251
Default

Popoln preobrat v dizajnu, letos 250 novih petstoosmic - Slovenska premiera: Peugeot 508 | Avtomanija
__________________
From SLOVENIA
Peugeot 508 SW 2.2 HDi GT
denis1304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-19, 08:26 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
grumpyoldgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 1,265
Default

Mrs Grumpy has a 508 saloon on order through her work. ETA June would you believe and even then not guaranteed at this point.
I inquired about the SW and I got told by my dealer they are not expecting them to go on sale in the UK until the Autumn, possibly early 2020..
How stupid is that bearing in mind the majority of 508s sold in the UK are the SW version.

Grumpy, (very today)
__________________
Traveller & 2 508s
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-19, 10:44 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
Mrs Grumpy has a 508 saloon on order through her work. ETA June would you believe and even then not guaranteed at this point.
I inquired about the SW and I got told by my dealer they are not expecting them to go on sale in the UK until the Autumn, possibly early 2020..
How stupid is that bearing in mind the majority of 508s sold in the UK are the SW version.

Grumpy, (very today)
Pretty stupid. People will not be willing to wait a year. They will just go to another brand.

Have you had a chance to see the saloon in the showroom? If so, what were your impressions?
weedavemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.