First Edition - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 508 > 508 (2018+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-19, 04:56 PM   #21
Jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
Your 508 certainly beats my petrol (220bhp) Skoda for mileage and steering radius. I've got used to five-point u-turns and 36mpg.

I read the 508 has a quite small steering wheel. Is that an issue for you?

How does the 508 take to potholes and sleeping policemen?

Can you switch the automatic transmission to manual mode, as you can with the VAG DSG transmission? Are there gear changing paddles on the steering wheel?

Thanks!
The steering wheel did feel too small at first, but by the time test drive had finished I had got used to it and quite liked how easy it was to flick the car around.

Potholes and sleeping policemen - very good.. obviously you still feel the bump but it has an assured sense about it.

There are paddles on the First Edition at least and there is a manual mode in the drive mode settings - I haven't used it, so I don;t know if it is totally free of auto gear changes.
freelunch likes this.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-03-19, 08:39 PM   #22

Collected my Twilight Blue GT Line, Petrol 180 at the weekend. Very pleased so far. Rides more smoothly (even on 18" wheels) than my 3 series and holds the road well on twistier roads too. Feels quite quick - not a lot of difference between the 508 and the 320i, though that is a little bit quicker on paper. My car apparently has the adaptive suspension, but I haven't noticed much difference, except in sports mode. Seats very adjustable and comfortable. There seems to be reasonable headroom in the back (contrary to many reviews); I'm 5'11.

Gripes:
Ambient lighting. Nothing on the front dashboard apart from the central unit with the gear shifter, despite pictures, showing a strip along the front dashboard and this video ; also no lighting strips on the rear doors.

For the life of me, I can't find a way of reducing the instrument brightness (I can adjust the touch screen). Anyone know how? (I have read the online manual btw!).
mattinbrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-19, 05:06 PM   #23
Jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinbrum View Post
Collected my Twilight Blue GT Line, Petrol 180 at the weekend. Very pleased so far. Rides more smoothly (even on 18" wheels) than my 3 series and holds the road well on twistier roads too. Feels quite quick - not a lot of difference between the 508 and the 320i, though that is a little bit quicker on paper. My car apparently has the adaptive suspension, but I haven't noticed much difference, except in sports mode. Seats very adjustable and comfortable. There seems to be reasonable headroom in the back (contrary to many reviews); I'm 5'11.

Gripes:
Ambient lighting. Nothing on the front dashboard apart from the central unit with the gear shifter, despite pictures, showing a strip along the front dashboard and this video ; also no lighting strips on the rear doors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppdI5F5bb5E&t=168s

For the life of me, I can't find a way of reducing the instrument brightness (I can adjust the touch screen). Anyone know how? (I have read the online manual btw!).

Yeah, same gripe from me -ambient light on the dashboard is missing from UK cars - I suspect it has something to do with the reversal to RHD.

I also can not find a way to turn down the instrument brightness. The menu to get to the car settings is a big vague.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-19, 03:51 PM   #24

I can answer the instrument brightness question now (thanks to a very helpful local dealer). The key point is that any adjustment has to be made when the headlight control stalk isn't in auto mode - it then remembers the instrument brightness setting which you select, even in auto mode.

Go to settings>options>screen configuration>Brightness..adjust the slider
weedavemac and freelunch like this.
Old 27-04-19, 11:41 AM   #25

Default Camera Brightness

Had my Blue FE for two weeks and absolutely loving it.

The only niggle is that the image from the parking cameras seem way overexposed in daylight.

Anyone else have the same issue? I'm wondering if its worth mentioning when it does in for the one month checkup, in the hope that the dealer can adjust it.

Oh, also the voice recognition is extremely poor / limited. Much less useful than the system i had on my Honda Civic, 12 years ago.

But then it does SO many things SO well.

Anyone else find themselves parking up, when you don't need to, just to let the park assist do its thing?

Cheers.
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-19, 09:59 AM   #26

The parking cameras seem fine on mine in daylight - probably worth getting checked.
Agree re. voice recognition - I don't bother with it.
Like you, loving the car - but a few points to mention:
- no warning of screenwash fluid low (and a small screenwash bottle)
- sport driving mode just seems to make the gear box hang on to gears for too long; the car seems quick enough in normal or comfort

Economy is a bit on the low side on my 1.6 180 (compared to my manual 320i). Getting early forties overall; pretty poor in town. I hope it will improve with a few more miles..
Old 28-07-19, 12:48 PM   #27

Send a message via MSN to Tanner Send a message via Yahoo to Tanner
Default help required

could any of you kind gentleman help please.
took delivery of 1.5 auto last week and struggling to set up all the profiles etc.
one of the things that is winding me up is the dials. when i start up the dials will be copper, then goes to loading and changes to the blue. next time on start up it will be blue then loads up copper
owner manual is no help at all. should i have received another book for the setting up of these systems ?
i have spent hours sat in the car on my drive trying to work it out blind and getting nowhere.
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in