First Edition - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 508 > 508 (2018+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-19, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
The dealer in Morden called to say they have a demonstrator. It's a blue GT model, rather than a First Edition, but I'm guessing the ride would be the same. Trouble is: they are only offering a 20-minute ride around the block. I want to know how the car rides on the motorway and what the seat's like after a couple hours.

So, Xari5008, what's the seat like after a couple hours?
The 1st edition seats are slightly different, leather and fabric but really nice. Overall it's a very comfortable car to be in. Really impressed with it so far.
Xari5008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-19, 05:08 PM   #12

How do you feel the interior compares to the quality of the fittings in German cars, or the old car come to that?
PatrickNeame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-19, 05:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickNeame View Post
How do you feel the interior compares to the quality of the fittings in German cars, or the old car come to that?
For comparison I had a 67 plate Audi A6 quattro black edition before this and I'm a huge fan of then interior on the 508 the screen is really well placed with the piano interface and is much smoother than the 3008 and 5008. Everything is laid out really well in my opinion
Xari5008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-19, 06:13 PM   #14

Not really surprising really..... The Audi interiors (On the larger models such as A8) is designed and manufactured by Faurecia.

Faurecia is an independent company owned by PSA... so guess who does the interiors for PSA?
TWRC likes this.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-19, 07:08 PM   #15

Test drove a 2ltr BlueHDi GT Line manual, really nice car and would have bought one but its not quite as practical (access etc) as my 3008, so ended up buying a new 3008 GT EAT8. I would recommend anyone to test drive a 508, really great car 🙂
Old 15-02-19, 10:11 AM   #16

I test drove a GT-Line 1.6 220 EAT8 last week. Loved the car and I've ordered a GT Line 1.6 180 auto, twilight blue. Hopefully I'll be saying goodbye to my 2015 320i next month-it will be interesting comparing the two. Peugeot claim not to be offering any discounts on the 508 - I got 17%
freelunch likes this.
mattinbrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-03-19, 06:59 PM   #17
Jar

I picked my First Edition up on 1st March, new 19 plate. Never owned a brand new car before. Petrol in blue.

Really loving it so far. Test drove and bought on the same day - I had been searching for a car for a year but never pulled the trigger - nothing seemed to have the right balance of value, toys and comfort that I wanted. Skoda Superb came very close.

Once I did my test drive of the 508 and realised that cockpit view was totaly fine with no issue of the wheel getting in the way of the view, I just went ahead. Really good deal too.

Slight niggles - the ambient light is not the same as you see in the reviews online. My test drive was daytime with no ambient light on, so just didn;t notice. Basically there is no ambient light on the dash - only the doors, cup holder and phone charger area. Also the camera's are quite low resolution and the rear one gets dirty easily. Very minor niggles.

Everything else is superb, especially the motorway cruising comfort - and the car has some real punch when you put your foot down to overtake. I am also getting 45mpg, which I am very pleased about.

Top car.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-03-19, 08:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar View Post
Skoda Superb came very close.
That's what I'm driving now, a 66-plate Sportline hatch. I bought it with my head, rather than my heart. I really wanted an Alfa Romeo Giulia, but a test drive in both cars swayed my mind. That and the bargain I was offered.

After two plus years of ownership, the Skoda really is an excellent car. It just doesn't set my heart fluttering.

I read that the 508 will be offered as a hybrid "soon". I suppose that I can manage with my perfectly fine Skoda until I'm ready for a plug-in in a year or two.

Still, I'm keen to hear how you get on with your new 508! Cheers.
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-03-19, 10:46 PM   #19
Jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
That's what I'm driving now, a 66-plate Sportline hatch. I bought it with my head, rather than my heart. I really wanted an Alfa Romeo Giulia, but a test drive in both cars swayed my mind. That and the bargain I was offered.

After two plus years of ownership, the Skoda really is an excellent car. It just doesn't set my heart fluttering.

I read that the 508 will be offered as a hybrid "soon". I suppose that I can manage with my perfectly fine Skoda until I'm ready for a plug-in in a year or two.

Still, I'm keen to hear how you get on with your new 508! Cheers.
Great things about the 508 so far:
Very good on the motorway - stable, quiet and comfy.
Pretty good handling on A roads/country lanes.
Turning circle is excellent - I mean really excellent - really easy to maneuvre.
Enough power to blast past on overtaking when needed.
Cabin is just a really nice place to be.
Adaptive Cruise and lane keep works well.
Decent mileage

I also liked the Skoda a lot, but it was not as comfortable or quiet as the 508 - though i only test drove the diesel Skoda.

I think the Hybrid 508 (300BHP!) is available from 2020.

Last edited by Jar; 17-03-19 at 10:48 PM.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-03-19, 09:23 AM   #20

Your 508 certainly beats my petrol (220bhp) Skoda for mileage and steering radius. I've got used to five-point u-turns and 36mpg.

I read the 508 has a quite small steering wheel. Is that an issue for you?

How does the 508 take to potholes and sleeping policemen?

Can you switch the automatic transmission to manual mode, as you can with the VAG DSG transmission? Are there gear changing paddles on the steering wheel?

Thanks!
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in