First Edition - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 508 > 508 (2018+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-19, 08:11 PM   #1

Default First Edition

Hi all, I'll be collecting my 508 first edition with the 1.6 petrol on the 26th. Just offering this out there if anyone has any questions feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to answer once I've picked it up 🙂
Xari5008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-01-19, 08:42 PM   #2

Congratulations! Let us know what it's like!
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-01-19, 01:46 PM   #3

I'll be watching this thread with interest. I've not owned a Peugeot before, but I have liked the style of a couple Pininfarina coupés: 504 and 406, I think. The 508 has had good write-ups and I'm intrigued. I've not seen one yet available for a test drive, though.
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-01-19, 06:03 PM   #4

As mentioned I picked this up today and all round I'm really impressed. I've owned both the new 3008 and 5008 GT models and whilst I liked them there was just something missing.

This is a brilliant car. You've got space for 2 car seats in the back or 3 adults at a push. You won't fit an adult between the car seats in the back.
Plenty of room with the seats set at a normal level ( I'm 6 ft and loads of room for the kids in the back ).

The cruise control and lane keeping assist is another level. Can quite happily leave it to it and it will keep you dead centre of the lane you're in ( obviously don't RELY on it but good if you need to adjust the temp or use the screen ). Combined with the adaptive cruise i found this feature very nice.

The screen is alot faster than in the previous cars mentioned and found it easy enough to use. The massage seats are also easy enough to use although I probably won't be, not the greatest feature lol.

Loads of little spaces to put stuff however be aware there is not a place to put a sim card to add wifi to the car. This needs to be done as a bridge between a separate device and the car.

The Visio park 3 is a very clever system and is far superior to the ones available in the 3008 and 5008. Parked itself first time with absolutely no issues.

The focal surround sound is good and a huge improvement over the standard speakers.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to let me know!
Old 26-01-19, 06:47 PM   #5

Did you take a test drive, or just take a punt?

If test drive, where?

Thanks. And glad you're enjoying your new car.
Old 26-01-19, 06:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
Did you take a test drive, or just take a punt?

If test drive, where?

Thanks. And glad you're enjoying your new car.
I had my eye on the car from when I got the 5008, Figured it would drive quite similar just much smaller. Went to see one to gauge space and whatnot but in the end I purchased it without test driving.

Not many 1st editions available to test unfortunately
Old 26-01-19, 06:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xari5008 View Post
Not many 1st editions available to test unfortunately
Exactly.
Old 26-01-19, 07:09 PM   #8

I suppose with them being limited release they don't want to use them as demonstrators.

Here's a pic

ShereKhan likes this.
Old 26-01-19, 07:27 PM   #9

Yeah, that's my colour, as well. Nice looking car.

I was rather hoping to buy a demonstrator. That's how I bought my current car – almost 30% off list with just 1,700 miles on it. Maybe I'll wait a year. I'm always nervous of buying the first year of a new model...
Old 31-01-19, 09:52 AM   #10

The dealer in Morden called to say they have a demonstrator. It's a blue GT model, rather than a First Edition, but I'm guessing the ride would be the same. Trouble is: they are only offering a 20-minute ride around the block. I want to know how the car rides on the motorway and what the seat's like after a couple hours.

So, Xari5008, what's the seat like after a couple hours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in