2019 508 Recall - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 508 > 508 (2018+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-19, 06:45 AM   #1

Exclamation 2019 508 Recall

I was supposed to take delivery of a brand new 508 gt line yesterday but was called by the dealer who stated that there had been a recall as a consequence of which delivery will be delayed by a few days. I cant find any info on the internet about a recall - does anyone know what this recall is ?
marcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-19, 09:51 AM   #2

Nothing listed on the DVSA recall data base so it cannot be that serious - it will be likely a service campaign to check on / rectify something before the customer is handed over the car.
Old 18-05-19, 10:52 AM   #3

Or the dealer is deliberately delaying because they've scuffed the paintwork or something and need a few days to put it right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-19, 10:07 AM   #4

Default manufacturer safety recall

Same here. I was meant to receive mine recently but they said the following:

The Peugeot 508 currently has a manufacturer safety recall on the rear lights. I am hoping this can be completed by the end of this week/ early next week.

Quite annoying really
Zef1313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-19, 03:35 PM   #5

Be even more annoying if you collected your brand new car & then had to take it back for the recall work.

Yes your brand new car is delayed BUT Peugeot are making sure it's not handed over to the customer until the safety recall work is carried out.

A friend of mine was a Ford workshop technician & Ford had to put a stop on current brand new Focus from leaving any dealer forecourt until a safety recall was completed due to a manufacturing fault on the first batch of cars.
Old 27-06-19, 11:54 AM   #6

Default Same here

has anyone had an update, mine due for delivery tomorrow, got a call yesterday. Not much information back........(508 GT Line 1.6)
mrmblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-07-19, 10:10 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to Tanner Send a message via Yahoo to Tanner
Default delayed delivery

I had same issue with Robbins & day , Salford. should have been delivered 8th July, rang me day before saying it needed recall work.
dragged it out of them and i was told it was a suspension issue and a software update. eventually got the car on the 18th July.
all i need to do now is work out the 'I cockpit amplify' its doing my head in. been sat in the car for hours trying to get it to set and can't work it out. owners handbook is no help what so ever
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-19, 12:29 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to jasonh1

I took delivery of my new Peugeot 508, 1.6 180BHP S/S Automatic, GT Line in June this year and it's had a few recalls, some of which I've had to take back after delivery.

The following is what's happened to mine.

Before delivery:
- A plate needed replaced behind the dashboard, this is accessed through the glove box and that's the only piece of dashboard that is taken out.
- 3 software updates, 1 I found out was due to the rear lights not as bright as what they should be.

Post delivery:
- Suspension struts at the front of the car, bolts weren't tightened to the correct level.
- Monogram replaced, this is to do with the GT Line badges, they could come off. Something to do with the wrong glue used. My car needs to go back for this as the garage didn't have the GT Line stickers in stock to replace.

One thing I have noticed that still isn't fixed is the climate control function. When in Mono mode you can't change the temperature to make both sides the same when your driving. If you're stationary it's the same. The only way to fix it is to change the passenger side temperature, which turns off Mono, go into climate settings and turn Mono back on and it works perfectly. You need to do this every time you get into the car. I noticed this in 2 demo cars I had, my 2 mates have 508s as well with the same issue. So I'm guessing another software issue and will be resolved soon.
jasonh1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-19, 10:15 AM   #9

Default 2019 Recalls

I bought an ex demo model 508 Fastback GT Puretech 1.6 225 registered Jan19.
Picked it up two weeks ago. Great car.
Took it back to dealer last week as the washer bottle cap would not stay closed.
Dealer ordered the part and when they put in the VIN it through up 8 recalls on the vehicle.
Actually two or three recalls and 5 workshop interventions (not sure what the difference is). They did 3 software updates, satnav, engine management and rear light intensity change. Have booked it in for the remaining 5 when I return from holiday. They consist of replacing driver window and mechanism, riveting strengthening panel to front bulkhead (entailing having to remove front seats), replacing front and rear badges (chrome effect is coming off), too shocked to remember the rest, but they want it for three days and will supply courtesy car.

Am pleased their system alerted them to this and it is all FOC, but disappointed that it wasn’t picked up on the hand-over service.

Keith.

Last edited by Templex; 01-09-19 at 10:18 AM.
Templex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in