5008 2.0 turbo jerk at 2k rpm - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 5008 > 5008 (2009-2016)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-19, 07:54 PM   #1

Default 5008 2.0 turbo jerk at 2k rpm

Hi everyone. I have an annoying problem with my turbo at the moment. Ive recently had major works done on the engine, new turbo, egr valve, air doser, intake manifold, glowplugs.. now 10,000 miles later, when im accelerating away under medium power and full power, the turbo will jerk just before and sometimes just after 2000rpm. Its like it lets go of all the pressure and then pulls again. The boost can be uneven too. If i gently pull away past 2000rpm and floor it, the turbo pulls perfectly. I have no split pipes or leaks on the intake path. Sometimes if i floor it in third, i will get an amber triangle come on the dash and go. It gives me a P11AA but doesnt light the MIL light

The funny thing is, when the car is doing a regen, the turbo works absolutely perfectly! No jerk or shudder.. any ideas?
wattseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-19, 09:22 PM   #2

Check the magnet Ventil that controls the turbo. I had mine replaced, with similar problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mh65140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-19, 07:43 AM   #3

I replaced this the other day and also ensured that all the pipes were on secure but the problem still happens. However.. I decided to take the car on a drive with the MAF sensor unplugged and immediately noticed an improvement for the first part of the drive. This leads me to think the MAF sensor could be causing issues. I have ordered a new one that arrives today so hopefully that fixes the problem!

Old 09-07-19, 06:23 PM   #4

Just be aware that unplugging maf also disables egr as it cannot calculate correct values so sometimes it can make you think maf is fault when egr is the issue

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-19, 06:56 PM   #5

Could also be sticking turbo vanes

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ircuit-162937/
Old 09-07-19, 07:19 PM   #6

Thats interesting you mention the EGR valve being disabled when the MAF is disconnected.. Just to give you a bit of history, the car is on 233,000 miles, and 13,000 miles ago it had a new turbo, egr valve, clutch, glowplugs, intake manifold and been serviced on time every time. Personally my aim is to get it to 300,000 miles! When they fitted the new EGR, they had to do a software update as the new EGR only came with one electrical connector. I will try disconnecting the EGR valve and see if that stops the jerk. If it does, then why would a new EGR cause the car to jerk? Would it be a sticky valve?
Old 09-07-19, 07:37 PM   #7

Interesting. I hope that you can get the issue solved. I also have a 5008 2.0 hdi. Keep us posted about your findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mh65140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-19, 08:07 AM   #8

Problem found! It was the EGR Valve of all things. I unplugged the EGR electrical connector and took it to work this morning. I tried very hard to get the car to jerk but it worked spot on all be it that the MIL was on saying the EGR was not working. Looking at my EGR, it appears mine is a hybrid one so it works on both vacuum and electric (the electric part being the one thats causing the issue)

Does it sound like it needs a clean inside due to becoming sticky? (surprising over 13,000 miles) or a whole new EGR?
Old 10-07-19, 05:17 PM   #9

UPDATE: so even though I have cured the jerking realising its something to do with the EGR, on the way home after driving along an A road, i got the P11AA again. When the turbo is at full spool, it does sound like air is either entering or escaping from somewhere still. People have had P11AA issues from a loose oil cap. Im yet to check the condition of the hoses leading to the sump incase theres a slight split or loose clamp..
Old 11-07-19, 11:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattseyboy View Post
Problem found! It was the EGR Valve of all things. I unplugged the EGR electrical connector and took it to work this morning.
A very common fault, and popular solution, especially on the 407 with the aid of a blanking plate. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in