Peugeot Forums banner

Flat Battery - Options

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  monty9120 
#1 ·
Just got back from a 2 week holiday to find my battery is flat. I have read that jumping the car isn't a great idea so what are my options?

I live in a flat so getting power to the car to charge the battery is going to be difficult, I would ideally like to get it going again without spending too much...

Car is a 307 110 HDI if that makes any difference.

#4 ·
Just been reading the suggested procedure for battery disconnection/re-connection and wondering how I can do it with my car being in a car park that lots of people can access?

As I understand it if I follow the proper procedure I will be leaving the drivers window open while I charge the battery? Surely this must have come up before?

#6 ·
Thanks, so I should:

• Unlock car
  • Open bonnet
  • Close doors
  • Wait 3 minutes without touching anything
  • Disconnect battery
  • Close bonnet
  • Lock car using the key
Then to reconnect:

• Unlock car with key
  • Let someone into the drivers seat
  • Open bonnet and close all doors
  • Reconnect battery
  • Wait 10 seconds
  • Turn on headlights
  • Start ignition
Sound ok?

#8 ·
Does anyone know what the original battery is in a 307 110 HDI (2003)?

I have had long term starting issues with my car and am wondering whether it is still on the original battery (I have just pulled it out, it is a Bosch S5). If so I am wondering whether I might be better off changing the battery and seeing whether that improves the starting rather than charging a tired old battery...

Thread with a video of the starting issues is here - http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/starting-issues-video-64329/

Thanks.

#13 ·
Yeah, I did that.

It lists 278mm batteries as compatible under my registration but I went out and measured and it doesn't look like a 278mm would fit.

I reserved a 246mm for pickup, a 278mm would have been cheaper for the same CCA / AH, but probably not worth the difference if I have to lug the battery there and back when it doesn't fit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.