wheel bearings and quality of. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-11, 04:13 PM   #1

Default wheel bearings and quality of.

Hi all,
Bought a new wheel bearing today with one coming tomorrow. 58.20 inc. vat. each From GSF. These are front bearings. I have read since that people have had issues with these re longevity. Reading on I gather that OE parts have manufacturers name and part no. stamped on the bearing, with lesser parts just a part number which these have. No ID but Vetech on the blue box. Would anyone have good experience of these as I now am unsure whether to change them. Brad

sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-11, 04:24 PM   #2
CAB

Never used them so can't comment but pug bearings are near the 100 mark, so depends on how long you intend to keep the car I suppose.

Are the bearings marked up for the abs pick up? I'm told that the pick up is on one side only and it's easy to install bearing wrong way round which will then throw up an abs fault. (I could be wrong but just going on what I've been told)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-11, 04:38 PM   #3

Default bearing quality

good point CAB I want to clear the fault not get an abs one after. Will have a check on the bearing ive got.

Old 08-12-11, 04:45 PM   #4

No CAB only part ID nothing else so cant know which way round they go.

Old 09-12-11, 08:48 AM   #5
CAB

Yeah thought so here's a post from 407 owners regarding gsf bearings
Attached Thumbnails
bearing.jpg  
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-11, 09:26 AM   #6

Default Gsf

Thanks for that thumbnail CAB, I am returning this bearing today. Dont want any more hassle than is needed. They state this bearing is standard quality with the likes of SKF, TIMKEN, etc as premium quality. Well as the end user premium is where I am at. Eurocarparts do an OE SNR asb abs bearing which comes out at 75 approx. So will give them a ring to check stock. Then well give them a visit. Got an indy which will fit it for 60 so may do both sides. Visiting family at the moment so no facilities to do it myself. Dont want to chance travelling too far in case it collapses.

Old 09-12-11, 04:42 PM   #7

Default new bearings

Well got a refund in full from GSF for their bearing, they dont stock a premium OE bearing for 407's. So be warned.
Eurocarparts supplied two OE bearings boxed from SKF but they source them from SNR, OEM for peugeot. These are the business, ASB ABS magnetic impulse bearings. Price was 198 for two, with winter promo bringing them down to 147.60 if you order online and go click and collect. They also brought one bearing over from Chester to Bolton to complete the order. So much easier when your dealer goes the extra mile for you. Or maybe 50 in this case.

Old 09-12-11, 04:51 PM   #8

One tip I got today from a knowledgeable chap. if your ABS warning comes on, before you go spending money and get depressed, check there is no metal swarf stuck to the bearing as it will throw an abs fault from the ecu.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in