Whatís the difference in part numbers? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-18, 12:09 PM   #1

Default Whatís the difference in part numbers?

Hi. Hope I can get an answer on this one. 😀 Need to change power steering pump on 05 407. Sw diesel. The part number on mine is HPI K5093071 + L

All ones available on eBay at moment are HPI A5093071+L

Will this be an ok replacement?How imperative is the A or K 😀

All advice gratefully received and apologies in advance if Iím asking in the wrong place or incorrect manner. Cheers x
peteariss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-18, 08:02 PM   #2

Looking at servicebox the peugeot part numbers are 4007ZF,4007ZE, 4007ZG, 4007ZH, 4007ZJ, 4007ZP, 4007ZN, 4007ZK,4007ZL, 4007GH depending on your RPO number..to me they all look identical but as i have never had a 407 i will leave it to someone who knows more about the 407s
Old 11-09-18, 08:22 PM   #3

This is the problem with searching by part number the numbers terry quote are PEUGEOT part numbers these are NOT stamped into the parts.

The numbers the OP quoted are the MANUFACTURERS part numbers IE HPi is the manufacturer.

In reality it probably makes no difference what the number is on it

Old 12-09-18, 08:32 PM   #4
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

I recently had the same problem with a 307.

The part number in ServiceBox has format NNNN.NN and this is never marked on the actual part.

Each part has a reference number which is a long number that starts with a 9 and this is usually on a sticker on the part.

I would dearly like to know more about the relationship between part numbers and reference numbers.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-18, 10:15 PM   #5

The pump itself will have different variations, for example a SW will need more assistance to compensate for the weight while a 2.2 HDi will need to a have a sportier feel, so less assistance.

iirc, the coupe's pump has the least assistance and switches off at lower speeds.

Then after all of that, you'll have revisions, so potential hardware flaws in the design will be fixed.

On top of all of that... there will be an underlying control mechanism which requires it's own code and each software revision will also have a new part number.

Usually you should be fine with replacing a pump from one to another, as long as the plugs, connections etc are the same.

407's had 3 major revisions, upto ~2007 and then from 2009. So depending where your car fits in, it's best to buy used parts within those years.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in