water leak drivers side pug 407 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-13, 08:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default water leak drivers side pug 407

hello

I have noticed some water under my pug 407 amd a small pool on drive, its under the drivers side at the front. there seems be alot of damp at the bottom of the wheel arch, you know where the grill is under there.

what could be problem, my coolant levels are fine the temperatures are fine actually they a bit low 75degrees

the bottom radiator pipe is cold when runnin and:I:get lukewarm air:from fans.

any:ideas I hoping it not my waterpump could someone please tell me exactly where:is:how could I diagnose this ?
pug407ire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-13, 09:04 PM   #2
Inactive User

could it be a collection of water gettin in behind the arch when your drivin, then when your parked its findin its way out??

If your levels are fine and havent moved then i wouldn't worry too much
407XJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-13, 11:41 PM   #3

Washer bottle may be leaking from the rubber grommet that holds the electric pump in or one of the pipes to the pump may be loose/split.
Simple test,dip your finger in the liquid that's leaked out and dab it on your tongue. Spit it out afterwards of course.
What does it taste of?
ashdav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-13, 09:58 AM   #4

It's quite normal to have condensate water dripping from the air conditioning system condenser after a drive. Try turning the air conditioning off for a few days and see if the problem remains.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
John Ward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-12-13, 12:49 AM   #5

@pug407ire
When you say "at the front" could you clarify whether this is in front of the drivers side wheel or behind.
In front would seem to point to the washer bottle as there's nothing else there.
Behind may be something else.
I believe the AC condensate drains out on the passenger side just below where your feet would be.
ashdav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-14, 02:35 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default 407 water leak?

Hi..

I have 407 sw 2.7 with a coolant leak at the moment..My attention was drawn to it because cold air from heater, despite being on max!! Turns out of course no bl..dy water there to be hot..although you say your temps is fine, if low..Now..I post because its easy to look at water overflow reservoir and think its OK, but the level you are looking at is the STAINED PLASTIC..so ensure remove filler cap, with obvious precautions!! and physically check water/coolant level..This is the mistake I made, despite shaking the car a little when checking...and although I have bigger engine than you I think, my problem is a plastic/nylon 'T' junction type thing directly under a stainless steel pipe about 1" diameter, directly on top of the engine...Currently trying hard to ID it etc, so I can try solve problem..Halfords Autocentre can't help..(Their suppliers dont supply it) IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCE OF THIS, PLEASE POST
Paul161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in