Washer jets and wing mirror issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-17, 04:20 PM   #1

Default Washer jets and wing mirror issues

First off.
Will mirror got hit while parked up. Sometimes they don't fold in auto and didn't check. Anyway hit an eBay replacement. It clips in fine and moves side to side but not up and down. I did notice it doesn't have 2 metal clips at the top like original. Are they linked to up and down movement. Also it moves freely unlike driver side which is solidly in position.
Where would u get mirror from. Can't really afford 26 from dealer.

Second.
Washer jets were blocked hitting just over the bonnet. Disconnect pipes and water squirt out fine. Used air to try unblock jets but now passenger side nothing at all comes out. Driver side dribbles.
No leaks and pump is fine. Drained tank twice.
Read a non return valve could be at fault. If so are they even needed. Could I get away with just a bit of pipe.
Also its mixed on how to remove the jets. Easiest way please to see if it's jets or none return. Since u can't see the clips and dont want to damage bonnet.

Thanks alot.
DavidB236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-17, 08:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB236 View Post
First off.
Will mirror got hit while parked up. Sometimes they don't fold in auto and didn't check. Anyway hit an eBay replacement. It clips in fine and moves side to side but not up and down. I did notice it doesn't have 2 metal clips at the top like original. Are they linked to up and down movement. Also it moves freely unlike driver side which is solidly in position.
Where would u get mirror from. Can't really afford 26 from dealer.

Second.
Washer jets were blocked hitting just over the bonnet. Disconnect pipes and water squirt out fine. Used air to try unblock jets but now passenger side nothing at all comes out. Driver side dribbles.
No leaks and pump is fine. Drained tank twice.
Read a non return valve could be at fault. If so are they even needed. Could I get away with just a bit of pipe.
Also its mixed on how to remove the jets. Easiest way please to see if it's jets or none return. Since u can't see the clips and dont want to damage bonnet.

Thanks alot.
My pipe toward jets was broken, try to look for that first, it was broken on the way from chassis to where the bonnet connects to the car, after fixing it there, it broke under the hood protection.
Try using compressed air towards jets.
Hope this helps somehow.
Dzony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-17, 08:49 PM   #3

How did you check that pipe as it vanishes thru the wheel arch. Water comes out fine when I disconnect the pipe from the jets.
I've tried compressed air at work. Blowing thru the pipes and from the top of the jets. Isn't a great deal of air coming thru the jets. Next to nothing on passenger side anymore. Which to me suggests the none return. It's spring loaded too.

Even upped the pressure on the compressor and its great thru the pipes just not the jets. Driver side dribbles out and doesn't hit window and nothing on passenger side.

If I can figure out how to remove jets without causing damage I can narrow it down further to none return or the jets.

Last edited by DavidB236; 05-01-17 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Adding info

Old 06-01-17, 06:48 PM   #4

Sometimes you can clean out the washer jets with a needle. If you can't, just buy some new washer jets, these are around £8 from the dealer iirc
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-17, 06:55 PM   #5

Easiest way to remove the jets from the bonnet? Don't want to damage the bonnet.
I tried a needle and don't think there is anything in there as compressed air passed thru. When the pipes disconnect from jets water comes out fine so it's a jet or that little bit of pipe on the jets that's the issue.

Does anyone know if you can do away with the non return valves?
Old 06-01-17, 10:07 PM   #6

I assume these are push fit, so it will be clipped in. You should be able to push them out from underneath. When you buy the new ones, it might give you a better idea of how these fit in. A local mechanic won't charge much to change 'em out for you either.

I am assuming the one way return valve is used to ensure there is a continuous flow of washer fluid, my old 306 didn't use these valves so would take a few seconds for the washer fluid to squirt out as the pipes would drain back...pretty annoying as the wipers would smear everything on the windscreen before the washer fluid hits it!

So yes, you could remove the one way valve, but not really advisable. Have you tried putting your finger over the end of the hose to see if the washer pump is pumping with enough force? But you did say that compressed air doesn't work. I think the new washer jets come with the one way return valve.

Last edited by BiGK; 06-01-17 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-01-17, 10:19 PM   #7

It's a double skin bonnet so quite hard to get in and definitely can't see the jets from under the bonnet.

I'll see if I can find a picture online before buying new ones just to see what the clips are like.

My civic didn't have any none return valves and didn't have issues. None of my cars previous have. Water shouldn't take that long to come out. Should cover the window by the time the wipers are coming back down.

As for pressure. How will I know what enough pressure force would be? If I disconnect from near the bonnet hinge and aim away from car it goes at least 2 foot away from car. That's directly out of the pipe and not from a reduced tube/nossle.

Thanks for the help so far. It's a nightmare in this weather when they don't even hit the glass. So I don't use wipers at all as it's easier to see thru specs than it is a smudge
Old 07-01-17, 08:12 PM   #8
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

Just change jets. They're cheap and it's easy.

Unclip the lining from underneath the bonnet and push them up -- they kind of 'unlcip'. It's easier if you use a plastic pry tool to lever them up from above at the same time as pushing from below.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-17, 11:02 AM   #9

Sounds like it's just blocked washer jets / one way valve. Quite a common fault on all cars, road salt / contaminants get in and block up the jets.
Old 09-01-17, 11:10 AM   #10

Thanks.

I've got driver side to at least hit the window now but doesn't spray like a fan. But it helps clear window.
I tried to remove them using needle nose pliers and whatever to get to them from underneith but you can't see let alone feel for what you need to pinch to release.
Any easy way without damaging the bonnet. It's doing my head in now.
And with the salt and snow on the way I need to be able to see properly. New jets ordered genuine ebay 8 quid each. 1.50 cheaper than dealer ?

Tried to grip them from the top and pull but pliers don't have any grip. They aren't even in line with the holes under the bonnet daft design.
Sound proofing is removed as well and on my back seats.

Thanks for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in