using diagbox to force a regen - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CAB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-16, 04:34 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default using diagbox to force a regen

hi all, i would like some info on 2 things, i have a 407 54 plate 2.0 hdi 136bhp, and i would love to know how to do a forced regen using diagbox 7.77. i have looked through the verious info on diagbox but cant seem to pinpoint the bit that tells the car to go into regen mode, the reason im wanting to do this is because i have a faulty fuel cap sensor so it wont do a regen so im lead to believe, the magnets are in the cap so thats not the issue, also if anyone has a sensor that they dont need i would gladly buy it off them.
if there is an answer to my diagbox question on here then i apologise for this post but i have looked and couldnt find anything.
many thanks guys and gals
maully217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-02-16, 06:28 AM   #2
CAB

Can't help with diagbox question I always used planet.
But I remember people reporting the sensor from dealers is less than 30 and although awkward to get to is easily do able at home.
Fixing the fault first would really be the way forward as car would regen on it's own straight away when fixed, forced regens should be avoided if at all possible.
malgpz900 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-02-16, 09:31 AM   #3

I agree a forced regen is a scary proposition and will NOT cure anything as your car ideally needs to regen every 300 miles or so if you forced a regen regularly you would more than likely break the engine as it needs to be under load to do the best job.

fix the faults you have and if necessary WASH your filter out much safer on the car

Old 28-02-16, 08:52 PM   #4
Inactive User

thanks for the info guys, i wont be doing a forced regen if it is dangerous to the engine, dont want to be damaging anything as ive only just got the car a couple of months ago.
do you know where to get these sensors from apart from main stealers ive looked on eurocarparts but nothing on there, but if main dealers are the only ones who stock this sensor then i will get it from them.
many thanks
maully217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in