Tyre valves - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-11, 04:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Tyre valves

Well had 2 new front tyres today and was told i need to replace the valves all around the car as they are corroded, guy told me to get some rubber replacments as the originals are expensive, been looking on fleabay and i wondered if anyone could advise on which ones i would need and how i could go about doing it, assuming i can do it myself??

Found some here is the link but not sure of sizes and stuff??

5 NEW TR414 RUBBER CAR TYRE WHEEL VALVE + DUST CAPS | eBay UK
djste72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-11, 05:31 PM   #2
Inactive User

I had a similar issue where a valve crumbled as I was inflating the tyre. Rather than replacing it with the pressure sensing valve I had on the wheel already, I got kwik-fit to replace with a standard rubber valve - which they did for free.

The sensor alarm went mental for about 5 mins, then informed me that the pressures were no longer being monitored and I've had no trouble since.

Of course I'm assuming that you have pressure sensing valves on your pug, but even so, I'm not sure I would undertake replacing a valve, standard or not...

HTH
scott.court is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-04-11, 06:30 PM   #3
Inactive User

Mmmm thanks for the advice, so i need a mechanic to do this or trye place, i just thought it would be a case of deflate the tyre pull one out put the new one in, nothing is simple anymore

Old 28-04-11, 07:49 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djste72 View Post
Mmmm thanks for the advice, so i need a mechanic to do this or trye place, i just thought it would be a case of deflate the tyre pull one out put the new one in, nothing is simple anymore
Standard valves should be pretty simple. I have no mechanical skill whatsoever, which is why I wouldn't try it myself, but if you're confident enough to try yourself then go for it
Old 28-04-11, 09:28 PM   #5
Inactive User

I have researched this on the interweb thingy me bob and people are saying that you have to deflate and remove the tyre then swap the valves, i am not sure i can get the tyre off so looks like i gotta pay again!!!

Fuel injectors....check
Pads and discs all round......check
2 new tyres......check
pdf refill......check

and coming up this month tax and mot oh yeah plus the 1.43 a litre for fuel.

I need to win the lottery!!!
Old 29-04-11, 06:28 AM   #6
Inactive User

Agreed. Go to Kwik-Fit. They did mine for me for free (though it was an emergency as my tyre was flat). They shouldn't charge you too much at all.

Good luck
Old 03-05-11, 04:47 PM   #7
Inactive User

If you want to keep the pressure sensor but don't want to pay peugeot to replace the whole thing, you can get just the valve stem replacement kits for 19.50 each. They sell on ebay here:

Peugeot & Citroen tyre pressure sensor valve repair kit | eBay UK

No reprograming needed as you keep the original sensor.

I was going to change for rubber ones but I always forget to check my tyre pressures so in the long run it saves some money by getting more life out of my tyres
timanfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-11, 08:36 PM   #8
davidireland

There is a modified valve now not made of aluminium. It will not corode any more.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-11, 04:16 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
There is a modified valve now not made of aluminium. It will not corode any more.
Where can you get these modified valves? thanks
timanfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-11, 06:30 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi peeps,

The missus has bought a 407 SW (and very nice it is too) and of course she's got corroded valves and a rubber replacement in one of them.

Now there is a variety of sources are saying that from next year TPMS functionality will be part of the MOT (thanks to the EUrocrats).

So if that's the case getting replacement sensors/valves would make sense.
For a decent indy with PP2000, they should be able to recode the ECU.
The only thing they would need to invest in is a TPMS trigger to get the sensor out of sleep mode, right?

Cheers,

Stan
themanstan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in