Tyre Pressure Warnings - Confused - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-11, 09:24 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Tyre Pressure Warnings - Confused

Had my Peugeot 407, 56 reg, 2.0l diesel SE Luxury a couple of months now. Still loving it.

Ever since I've had it, the "Tyre Pressures Not Monitored" warning would comes on after 2 mins of driving. I just ignored it as I thought the previous owner had had the tyres pressure sensors turned off. (good idea from what I can gather). I also get the "Pression OK" and "Check OK" on start up.

However last night, got in the car and had the tyre pressure warning come on, and the image flashing the rear off side tyre. Quick look and the tyre looks ok. Will take to a garage and check the pressures later.

However, now confused as I don't get the "Tyre Pressures Not Monitored" warning and now just the warning of the low tyres pressure on the rear

Last edited by Jase007; 26-12-11 at 09:49 AM.
Jase007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-12-11, 12:48 PM   #2
Inactive User

I've had identical problem with tyre pressure not monitored comming up at random times during driving. Did you check all 4 tyres? im not sure if 407 uses the tpms generation thar can deal with swapped tyres.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-11, 07:56 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlestar View Post
I've had identical problem with tyre pressure not monitored comming up at random times during driving. Did you check all 4 tyres? im not sure if 407 uses the tpms generation thar can deal with swapped tyres.
I checked pressures in all 4 tyres, all were a bit low, but I guess only the rear near side was low enough to trigger the tyre warning.

The "Tyres Not Monitored" always has come on after 2 mins of driving. When I leave the house or work I will know the exact spot it will come on !
Jase007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-12, 12:33 PM   #4
Inactive User

I had this on my 55 reg sw.As it kept saying "tyre pressures not monitored" when the pictire of a flat tyre came up on the display I ignored it for about a month moaning about "french cars too damn clever for their own good etc. etc."Eventually I checked the tyre pressures and put some more air in and from that day the flat tyre display has gone. " french cars a bit smarter than the owner I think"
richard 2509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 04:38 PM   #5
Inactive User

tyre pressures not monitored will pop up if they have not been disabled correctly.
They need to be turned of in 3 places to not throw any warnings.
jmkent likes this.
Old 11-01-12, 04:51 PM   #6
Inactive User

Sounds like the previous owner has done the right thing and removed them all.
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 05:42 PM   #7
jmkent

Some will say its a good thing to remove them..... not everyone though, including me. Mine work just as they were designed to do, no errors no false alerts.... the only time it did alert me and it was right - a nail stuck in the tyre.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 07:30 PM   #8
Inactive User

People seem very quick to slate TPMS but I have had it in 8 cars now and I have only had warnings when the pressures are low usually caused by tyres not sealing 100% and so very very slowly loosing air, once new tyres were fitted any alarms stopped reappearing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wardy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 07:36 PM   #9
Inactive User

Prob with the 407s one though is they corrode badly and are expensive to replace as they need coding to tha car. Thats a lot of hassle in comparison to just changing them to normal vales then selling the ones that arnt corroded on ebay. I got 40 for one once though they seem to sell for 10-20 these days
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 07:42 PM   #10
jmkent

The fact that they do sell on ebay is saying that people are wanting them on their cars
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in