Tyre pressure monitoring - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-10-15, 07:06 PM   #1

Default Tyre pressure monitoring

Right my next problem.

After 30-40 mins of driving we get tyre pressure monitoring fault come up and 2 arrows point to both left wheels. Now non of the valves look like tyre pressure monitoring valves. So if I get 4 new valves am I able to code them via planet?

Also is there anything I need to look for when buying the valves.
bravocars1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-10-15, 07:19 AM   #2
Inactive User

When I first bought my 407, after getting the tyre monitoring message every time after a few minutes of driving, noticed the front two tyres had been replaced and the rigid valve stems which tell of tyre monitoring devices had been replaced with normal (flexible) ones.
These rigid tyre pressure valves become corroded, so the day after checking the tyre pressures on the rear (with the rigid valves), one of the tyres had gone down (as I had disturbed it).
As I intended to change the tyres anyway, got the valve stems replaced with normal ones at the same time (in other words, removed the tyre pressure units from inside the tyre).
Local Peugeot (Fish Brothers, Swindon) kindly disabled the tyre pressure monitoring (for free) when they coded me a new key.
Now it's like a "normal" car where I actually check the tyre pressures occasionally myself (God forbid), but don't have messages galore about tyre pressure monitoring
Old 14-10-15, 07:36 AM   #3

I actually like TPM and want to keep it. So I think I need new valves.
bravocars1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-10-15, 01:43 PM   #4
CAB

Yes new valves can be coded with planet, but buying pug ones won't be cheap. you either need the forcing tool or make sure you have the sensor id's for each sensor and which wheel each sensor went into.

Think someone on here successfully coded either jag/ford/landrover sensors which will be far cheaper, just can't remember who or where the thread will be now.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-15, 06:21 PM   #5
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

The rigid TPMS stems are made from very flimsy metal and often break, making it difficult or impossible to connect an air line.

It is supposed to be possible to change only the stems, however this usually results in breaking the aerial that connects the stem to the monitor, destroying it.
This happened to me, so I how have 4 regular valves. However, I'm happier with the air being held in than I am being notified that it's all gone.

I believe these are they: 4 x BRAND NEW JAGUAR LAND ROVER TPMS VALVE FOR JAG XJ 433MHZ. ALSO FITS FORDS | eBay

I also believe that you can code them to the car using PP2k. You need the ID off each sensor -- so take photographs before fitting and make sure you know which one went on which corner. I think you have to convert the hex ID on the sensor to decimal for entry into PP2k.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-15, 07:27 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Turn them off!!!

How do I turn these off in PLanet please?
Leopayne0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-15, 07:34 PM   #7
Inactive User

You need to configure them in the BSi Menu and Also turn them off in the TPMS Menu. If you only switch one off the display will flash up a fault either when you start your car or after about 30 mins of driving.
Fuddy Mucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-15, 07:59 PM   #8
Inactive User

Ok, need to be in the car really and see it in front of me. Are you expert with the software mate?
Old 17-10-15, 08:04 PM   #9

I just went into accessories and changed it to steel wheels.
rwb and mooi1uk like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-15, 08:26 PM   #10
Inactive User

Did that remove all warnings from dash buddy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in