Trip computer not responding on buttons - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-18, 01:05 PM   #1

Default Trip computer not responding on buttons

Hi all

I was hoping at least one of you recognises the following problem and can point me in a direction towards a solution.

In the instrument cluster, I have 2 values. The total mileage, and -- what I must assume -- the trip counter.
It is currently on 1500 km or so, and increasing when driving, so that seems to work properly.

But when I try to reset, with either the stalk button, or the 'TRIP' button on the RD4, nothing happens.
I am not sure my model has more than one trip counter, or other features like MPG calculation but short pushes on either the stalk or the 'TRIP' button also does nothing.

What can I do? Is there a way to "unfreeze" the trip computer? Or is it a unit that can be replaced?

Thank you any and all for your help.

Remon.
Advertisement

Old 30-07-18, 07:51 PM   #2

On the Cruise Control / Speed limiter stalk, switch it to "OFF" which displays the trip counter on the instrument cluster. Press AND hold the "Check / 000" stick in the dials to reset that.

Then using the stalk, select which trip counter you wish to reset on the MFD...which will momentarily flash up on the instrument cluster, press and hold the button on the stalk.

I noted a long time ago, if one of those trip counters max's out, it can and does cause some glitches.

Last edited by BiGK; 30-07-18 at 07:56 PM.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-07-18, 09:14 PM   #3

Thank you, in any case, but, I don’t have cruise control, so I skipped that step. The MFD does not show any trip info. Only thing I got is the counter in the instrument panel. Pushing the trip button or the tip of the stalk doesn’t change that.

what you did help me with, thank you very much, is a way to reset the single counter that I do have. The combination of the check/000 in, wait till blink, then push the stalk tip, release all.

Definately not in the manual. (Or I got the wrong manual).

I cannot select a second trip counter, nor does there ever appear any trip info on the mfd. Guess my car just doesn’t have that (?)

Again, thanks 🙂

Old 30-07-18, 10:22 PM   #4

Yep, seems like your car came without a trip computer which gives you fuel consumption etc. I wonder if you can enable through Peugeot Planet
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-07-18, 05:13 AM   #5

Just googled Peugeot Planet. Seems simple enough. Now I need to find out hoe and wherr to get that ^^

Thank you again 🙂
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in