TPM - Don't give up on them - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmkent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-11, 04:16 PM   #1
jmkent

Thumbs up TPM - Don't give up on them

As some of you may be aware, I recently (Tuesday pm) switched my TPM back on my car. They all worked fine and came up with all pressures OK, and have done since. Then, this morning, not more than 30 secs after pulling out the drive, I got the beep and tyre pressures too low, with the F/N/S indicating too low.... first thoughts, oh here we go playing up already, and carried on to work.
When getting to work, had a check with the manual gauge kept in the glovebox, and the tyre was down - 7psi down.... and the culprit, a small nail stuck in the middle of the tread. Blimey.... they work! I wouldn't have picked this up this quick without the sensors, thats for sure.
So 16 later, and the tyre repaired, I got the same error, pressure too low as leaving the tyre fitters. Went straight to Asda and done all tyre pressures, and found they had only gone to 2.2bar not the 2.6bar. Pressures corrected, error disappeared and hasn't reappeared. Checked manually again tonight, and all spot on. So lads..... they aren't all bad
Gerhard likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-11, 05:36 PM   #2
Inactive User

Mine have always worked fine had no problems with them but must admit i have never changed any tyres on mine and touch wood never will
Old 06-10-11, 05:38 PM   #3
jmkent

Comes down to a garage that trains their guys.... the bloke where I went seemed to know his stuff, didn't need telling it had sensors to be careful of
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-11, 09:10 AM   #4
Inactive User

Mine all work ok!

Only had a corroded valve which I bought off e bay
407 mad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-11, 08:47 AM   #5
Inactive User

Been telling all the whole time that they work!
Old 10-10-11, 10:48 AM   #6
Inactive User

Sorry but they are a waste of time! Is it really too much like hard work to look at your tyres or even feel that the steering is a bit heavier therefore maybe your tyres need pumping up?
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-11, 11:36 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post
Sorry but they are a waste of time! Is it really too much like hard work to look at your tyres or even feel that the steering is a bit heavier therefore maybe your tyres need pumping up?
Read the initial posting again. They do work!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in