Throttle problems during regen - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-13, 07:24 AM   #1

Default Throttle problems during regen

Hi

My car has started to act wierd during regens.

It happened one week ago and now again when it started to regen.
Normally I only feel a slight juddering if it regens and I apply just a tiny bit of throttle. Normal driving at quite ok speeds I didn't notice much juddering, but I guess it's normal that it judders slightly during regens.

However now it's not good anymore.

During regens it now dies if I apply more than appox 10% throttle. It doesn't stop, but it seem to me that the ECU cuts the fuel supply until I get off the throttle and just apply it very slightly.

One solution is to give a lot of throttle, because it seem like the ECU will inject diesel again if I press accelerator to about 75% throttle or above that.

This means it's very annoying to drive during regens now, as opposed to before when it was just slight juddering to notice.

So in reality I'm stuck with either almost zero throttle, or full throttle. Anything in between and the ECU cuts diesel supply to injectors.

Anyone experienced before?
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-02-13, 08:24 AM   #2
Inactive User

hi there thats exactly what my 1.6 hdi 308 is doing i have noticed,it was a little stutter during regen but the last two times it is awful and as you have said,i have looked on my peugeot diagbox and no faults for it so am following closely.
shamus1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-02-13, 09:56 AM   #3
davidireland

Default Re: Throttle problems during regen

There could be a software update for this.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-02-13, 11:14 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
There could be a software update for this.

Sent from my GT-S5690
how can we find out about software update david.
Old 22-02-13, 12:23 PM   #5
davidireland

Default Re: Throttle problems during regen

Call to a dealer. You won't know its there until the car is connected to the server in France.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-13, 07:30 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ack__Mi16 View Post
Hi

My car has started to act wierd during regens.

It happened one week ago and now again when it started to regen.
Normally I only feel a slight juddering if it regens and I apply just a tiny bit of throttle. Normal driving at quite ok speeds I didn't notice much juddering, but I guess it's normal that it judders slightly during regens.

However now it's not good anymore.

During regens it now dies if I apply more than appox 10% throttle. It doesn't stop, but it seem to me that the ECU cuts the fuel supply until I get off the throttle and just apply it very slightly.

One solution is to give a lot of throttle, because it seem like the ECU will inject diesel again if I press accelerator to about 75% throttle or above that.

This means it's very annoying to drive during regens now, as opposed to before when it was just slight juddering to notice.

So in reality I'm stuck with either almost zero throttle, or full throttle. Anything in between and the ECU cuts diesel supply to injectors.

Anyone experienced before?
any joy with what is causing it mate.
Old 06-03-13, 08:08 AM   #7

Sadly not. But it has done it again the last two regens also (once a week approx).

It's still very annoying, but I'm not sure what to think about it. I really don't think it's related to the diesel filter, even that was the first the dealer asked me about.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
Old 06-03-13, 08:10 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ack__Mi16 View Post
Sadly not. But it has done it again the last two regens also (once a week approx).

It's still very annoying, but I'm not sure what to think about it. I really don't think it's related to the diesel filter, even that was the first the dealer asked me about.
im wondering if it might be one glow plug weaker than the others ?
Old 06-03-13, 09:02 AM   #9

Can't be the cause for mine at least, as mine totally cuts all throttle, so car just stops, unless I ease off the throttle and just give it a little, or I floor it, then it flies.

Must be something else than glowplugs.

I've been wondering about the throttle housing / IC bypass system.
Maybe it ideally want's to bypass the IC when doing regens, to get exhaust as hot as possible?

Could there be something with the solenoids operating the butterfly valves?

If both throttles is suddenly closed at part throttle, no wonder it won't drive...

It's just a theory that I got. And that it on just very slight throttle, or full throttle it is not bypassing the IC for some reason?
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
Old 06-03-13, 11:49 AM   #10
Inactive User

mine has the single doser not double like yours i know it closes this during regen so it is understandable to run funny when regenerating but what has changed now is the thing,i have tried another air doser and it did the same i have performred actuator tests on it and its fine so i dont know what would of changed,one thought i had is perhaps its the cold weather during regens?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in