SW high level brake light question - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-01-14, 12:17 AM   #1

Default SW high level brake light question

The plastic cover for my high level brake light has seen better days and I was showing a mate at work what was wrong with it (busted clips) and I noticed what appeared to be some burn marks on the wiring behind the lamp itself.

Question I have is a relatively (I hope) simple one. There are two substantially thicker wires in the light, and those are the ones which may have problems - I'm wondering if anyone knows, offhand, which wires do what in there - I'm imagining the thicker wires are for the heated screen (purely from a logical, thicker, higher power, heat uses more power than lights point of view). The heated rear screen DOES work but I'm not going to use it until I can identify what, if anything, is the problem. There is also about 2-2 1/2 inches of each thicker wire with something wrapped around it - I don't know if it's extra insulation or some electronic component - thinking about rewiring it to be sure, but I'd like to know what those are for first.

I'm thinking the wires in there are going to do 3 jobs, first, the heated screen, second, the rear glass release and third, the brake light itself - does anyone have a schematic or photo of the wiring? I'm thinking the two orange ones are for the switch, the red&black going directly into the light are for the light (shock) and the thick red and earth marked are for the demister but not sure about the white altho it occurs to me that it MIGHT be a temperature sensor for the demister with it being a lower gauge wire. Anyone know for sure?

If anyone with an SW is feeling brave (or has done it before), maybe you can take a look at yours and see if there's anything obvious. If you DO do this, please be careful popping the cover back on - it's somewhat fragile if you are ham-fisted.

Just to clarify, the brake light works, demister works, glass release button on wiper arm DOESN'T work...
Attached Thumbnails
cimg1654.jpg   cimg1655.jpg   cimg1657.jpg  

Last edited by BigSlavey; 15-01-14 at 12:31 AM.
BigSlavey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-01-14, 01:57 PM   #2
Inactive User

hi bigslavey the wires are for the heated screen earth/live
just repaired a broken wire

peter
walshypw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-14, 02:50 PM   #3

Thought so, with them being higher gauge. I see some soldering in my near future.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in