Suppliers of diesel high pressure pump? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-17, 03:55 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Suppliers of diesel high pressure pump?

407 2L 136 HDi 2006 plate.

I am looking to source a replacement diesel high pressure fuel pump, it's a:

Siemens 5W S40019

I would like new rather than refurbed but I cant find many suppliers, does anyone have any recommendations? I am based in Newcastle UK. (have tried andrew page, eurocarparts, GSF, not keen on their prices).

Is it possible to interchange a Siemens pump for the Delphi version or are they different fitments? According to the delphi website it is compatible with my engine, DW10BTED4. The Delphi part number is 9424A110A I wasnt sure if the connectors would all be in the same place or if there could be other issues? I was trying to find the LUCAS part number since they offer a pattern part but cant find their catalogue so would appreciate it if anyone could point me to it?

Last edited by Jim Mc; 21-01-17 at 03:57 PM.
Jim Mc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-17, 05:02 PM   #2

Think someone like reliable406 is best to answer this, can I ask why you need one ?? Not a common request

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-01-17, 02:06 PM   #3

You will struggle as brand new pumps are expensive, usually over 500-600. Best bet is to find a local place to recondition yours or get a recon. Second hands pumps can be a gamble as I found out on my old car (pump was worse than the one replacing!!)
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-01-17, 04:34 PM   #4
Inactive User

I got a code saying something similar to fuel pressure regulator valve fault. Not enough fuel pressure.

This is following on from my earlier post, regarding the unresponsive throttle pedal.

I fixed my previous issue by resoldering the pedal wiring and that cleared the throttle track codes. I then received a code about the EGR so I replaced the EGR, car ran _ok_ for about two weeks although I did notice lag on the throttle pedal.

When the new issue began, I was testing the throttle pedal at some red lights on the way home, in neutral, tapping the throttle up to 1500rpm and letting it settle, and it was responding well without lag, on the third occasion the pedal didn't respond at all, I got nothing at all from the throttle for about 10 seconds. During which time the car sat and idled without any indication of a problem. Then the throttle began to respond again and the car drove normally for the rest of the journey home.

When I got home I plugged in Diagbox and saw the code relating to the fuel pressure regulator, the logged time since ignition start appeared to coincide with my throttle experience. I'd replaced the fuel filter the weekend prior (5 days) and driven the car to work and back without issue.

Do you think it's likely there's anything wrong with the pump? I was just going to swap it and be done with it, but on reflection I'm wondering if the common rail sensor could be responsible? Not sure where to source a replacement as not convinced I should trust the ebay-specials.

I also read in a previous thread about the fuel sender unit being a potential source of woe.

I've managed to source a few pumps:

I can get a recon for 250 but am concerned that recons may not be reliable long-term.
I can get a Lucas for 400.
I can get a Siemens new for 480.

The pressure sensors on ebay appear to be 41 but if anyone can recommend a better supplier I'd pay a little extra.

If anyone has a datasheet (or test instructions) for the common rail sensor or fuel sender would be appreciated.

Last edited by Jim Mc; 23-01-17 at 04:54 PM.
Old 23-01-17, 05:17 PM   #5

Really 400/500 isn't that expensive is it. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it kept my car going, unless the car was a 10 snotter which would be easier to replace than fix.

Now over a grand I'd have to think about..

Before spending any money I'd be quadruplley sure (I just made that up) my 500 was fixing the car though.
Old 23-01-17, 05:44 PM   #6

If you have a siemens pump you cant fit a delphi as the systems are different must be like for like but as said its not a common issue yes they do fail but usually its a complete seizure and they take out the cam too !!

I recon your problem is elsewhere have you looked at fuel pressures in live data if it climbs with revs and matches reference its usually fine.
Old 23-01-17, 05:46 PM   #7

If it's the FPR, replace the FPR. It's quite common for that to go faulty by the way!
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-17, 06:19 PM   #8
Inactive User

The regulator is 125, and I can get the recon pump for 250 so unless someone can persuade me that it's a likely fix I'm not keen to replace the regulator on its own. Since the error reports its not able to meet the pressure demand, I can see the regulator open @ a certain % and the fuel pressure doesn't match the reference pressure then I guess:

* either the pump is not supplying the fuel at the correct pressure. (which wouldn't really make sense since the car is running ok and it's a linear delivery related to engine RPM).
* the regulator is not opening or is sticky. (which might explain the pedal lag).
* the pressure sensor is defective. (which could also explain the pedal lag).

Not done any live data, the car has driven fine at all revs since replacing the EGR. Very confused. I have cleared the regulator pressure fault prior to replacing the EGR suspecting it was a spurious error and it has only just returned.

Here's the other thing, if I did go ahead and replace the pressure regulator, is it 7 or 8 on the following diagram, or should you do both?:

Edit, I just realised part 7 is the inlet metering valve, so surely if it was a fuel sender issue that would be flagging a problem? Or is that the inlet of the common rail? I.e. the common rail doesn't have it's own pressure sense?

Last edited by Jim Mc; 23-01-17 at 06:45 PM.
Old 23-01-17, 08:44 PM   #9
Inactive User

Just bought the new pump. When I priced up the regulator, plus the inlet metering valve I'm already best part of the way there, then 6 months down the line I end up having a mechanical failure, might as well bite the bullet now.
Old 04-02-17, 05:17 PM   #10

I replaced the regulator on my 1.6hdi recently, 50 ebay and a 15 minute job. In my case the regulator was sticking in the open position at low revs (by open I mean it was letting all the fuel go back around the low pressure circuit, and no fuel going to the hp line).

So the car would keep dying when coming to any stop sign or junction when the regulator was retracted and jammed. I think it was leaking too because the connection had diesel in it. I know you've probably got it sorted at this stage but these were the symptoms when my sticking regulator. The car ran perfectly once it was actually running, or once I turned off the ignition manually, but if it died itself it wouldn't start again.

It was hell on one way streets and in towns!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in