Strange error: put in park - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-15, 02:26 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Strange error: put in park

Today when I started my 407, it started beeping and kept on telling me to put the parking lever in the Park position. It was in the Park position, though. I then moved it to R, then D, then back to P, but the error persisted. Eventually I moved it back to R, and on the dash it indicated P, but it was reversing as I applied petrol.

I was able to move it from there to D and could then drive forward as well (all the time the dash still indicates I'm in P, and it kept nagging for me to put it in Park). During all of this, my window switches and aircon wouldn't work at all.

Eventually I put it back in Park, turned the car off, removed the key, and restarted the car again. No issues this time around, everything worked fine.

What the hell would cause this? Never seen anything like this before, and haven't seen it since then during the day as I started my car either.
aktorsyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-12-15, 03:40 PM   #2
Inactive User

Did a few random tests now, and was able to reproduce the problem if a door is open while you're shifting from P to R or D. Well, mostly reproduce. This afternoon when it happened for the first time, it didn't show me the "door open" warning, and well... there wasn't a door open.
Old 28-12-15, 09:22 PM   #3

I would put it down to a corruption in the BSI firmware. I've seen posts about re-booting the BSI. Maybe that would fix it? Procedure here.

Alternatively, water/corrosion/dirt in the BSI.

Last edited by IanML; 28-12-15 at 09:28 PM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-12-15, 10:35 PM   #4
Inactive User

So, forget about it until it happens again? At which point I reboot the BSI?
Don't really think I should proceed with a full reset if it's working at the moment. With my luck something else will go. (Luckily the car has a 2-year warranty... has 140k km's.. or about 90k miles.. on it at the moment). So if something major goes it should be covered.

I bought the car last week. It has a full service history, but I'm tempted to take it in to Peugeot in january for a full service and diagnostic (no one with Planet near me.. Stellenbosch, South Africa). At least that way they can fix whatever they find under the warranty. The diagnostics/service itself will cost me, though. Don't think the warranty will cover new TPMS sensors though (the jackass who sold the car put new tires in and broke all 4). But hey, I can try.

Last edited by aktorsyl; 28-12-15 at 10:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in