Stopping Constant DPF Regen - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-13, 10:11 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Stopping Constant DPF Regen

Whilst trying to work out why I have been getting diesel in my sump in my 05 plate 407 SW 2.0 HDI with 105k on the clock. See post

I thought the answer was faulty glows, and it looks like 2 are faulty from ohming the black connector pins on the top of the can belt cover..

However, whilst driving my usual commute with PP hooked up, I have noted that the Engine ECU seems to be calling for regen continuously with about a 1 min break between each session on my hour and a quarter drive to work. I think it is this continuous call for regen and no doubt the additional fuel that is injected much more frequently is causing the diesel to get into the sump. PP never shows any distance between regens the distance is always 0km.

From the two screenshots taken from PP:

1) Can anyone advise what is causing the continuous call for regen, is it the 100% Particle filter load that is the key factor. Does anyone know how the ECU works this out ?
2} Has anyone been able to regenerate a filter with a 100% load without dismantling.
3) My catalyst temp readings when it is calling for regen generally vary between 500 and 540 deg C. I did manage to get it up to 610 at one point. All this was done on long motorway trips... What temp is needed for regen.....
4) The Eolys tank looks like it has been empty for a while, which am guessing is not uncommon. Have now added 2 litres... And squirted a 100ml directly into the diesel tank as not sure the pump is working properly as cannot seem to get it to activate in PP manually. In PP it shows there is 1024g remaining.
5} Have noted at the bottom of the second screen shot by that the theoretical mileage of the DPF has been exceeded but cannot seem to be able reset this in PP. Is the exceedance of the theoretical mielage causing an issue.
7)My differential exhaust pressures are 0mbar on idle, about 65-85 mbar when doing 70-80 in 6th, and max I have seen is about 240 when revving to 4000 in 4th. Are these normal, cause they don't seem excessive. If the filter was really 100% full I wouild have expoevted higher pressures.
8) Have told PP that filter has been replaced , but seems to make no difference to any of the readings.
9) Any experiences to share, is my only option to dismantle DPF and jetwash ? Are there any guides/tips for this. Is it easy to do ? How will ECU know it has been done ?

Thanks
crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-09-13, 08:10 AM   #2

Your pics aren't showing.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...0130925-082200

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...0130925-091146
Old 26-09-13, 09:15 AM   #3
CAB

I'm surprised it hasn't reached max number of aborted regens.

For it not to warn you of the additive running out I'd say someone has been tinkering and been too tight to top it up but had the counters reset.

As Gibbo has said pic aren't there!

What faults are shown in a global scan and can you read all ecu's?

And the 1024g is what been used not what's left in the additive tank so have you reset any of the counters?

Last edited by CAB; 26-09-13 at 02:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-09-13, 10:04 AM   #4
Inactive User

Can you tell me where to go in Planet to find this info?
keet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-09-13, 10:20 AM   #5
Inactive User

Mine (05 1.6 HDI) was regenning a lot (I've only had it three months) and overrunning the fan if regen interrupted.

Solved by taking it to the dealers for a software upgrade and egr relearn, whatever that is. Cost me 90 quid.
SeasideSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-09-13, 01:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by keet View Post
Can you tell me where to go in Planet to find this info?
Parameters measurement I think. They're not my pics, but the OP's. I pulled out the hidden image links from his post.
Old 28-09-13, 12:02 PM   #7

It is the differential pressure that will make the ECU trigger the regen process if the diffpressure is too high. The pressure sensor sits on the bulkhead mid engine location. Two pipes/rubber hoses going into it. connected to pipes that sit before and after the DPF.

Your filter does not seem as bad as mine were, my values were these:

"Idle - 64mbar
2000rpm - 149mbar
3000rpm - 234mbar

When I was really flooring it and driving it hard the diff pressure at maximum was about 650mbar."

Have you changed your plugs yet?
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in