Steering Wheel Calibration always out by -60 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-17, 07:13 PM   #1

Default Steering Wheel Calibration always out by -60

So as the title says..
When I calibrate the steering wheel in Diagbox it's always 'out' by about -60 maybe -61.3 etc.
It calibrates fine, but when I graph the live values I need to rotate the wheel about 60 degrees to the right for it to get to the zero position, so I'm assuming the computer thinks that I'm going left all the time. if that makes sense...

I'm wondering if this is the reason I'm getting a fault code from the abs/esp?

I tried zeroing the live values by setting the wheel at an angle, and then calibrating it again (trying to fool the calibration) but it was having none of it. It just said 'failed calibration'. So the car 'knows' when the wheel is at the center position but still says it's out by -60.

Does this make sense? Is it normal? (I assume not) Is it a bug with Diagbox? Is there some other way to calibrate it?

I took off the steering wheel to have a look at the sensor and everything looked fine, I did find an 'additional' small plastic cog stuck to the upper inside of the steering wheel column cover, stuck on with grease. So I assume the steering wheel angle sensor must have been changed at some stage. Maybe it was installed incorrectly, not sure, I just put it back the way I found it with the dot and dash centered in the hole.
The dot/dash/hole, when aligned, were at about 4-5 o clock but that's the only place they seemed to align correctly. Are they meant to be aligned at 12 o clock with a straight steering wheel?

Sometimes the steering angle sensor doesn't seem to be functional until it gets moved after the first start, but then it works fine, it's like it doesn't know where it is until it gets moved.

Anyone got some experience with this?
Advertisement

Old 02-03-17, 10:49 AM   #2

I had a different issue but still getting failed to calibrate, the way I fixed it by installing just the basic DiagBox i think 7.0 (or 8.0) with no patches whatsoever and then calibration was successful (create another virtual machine and just try that) just to rule out diagbox bug (it might be bug it might be us not doing something properly but I couldnt calibrate so i changed 4 com2003 and at the end went with the no patch version)

Now that should affect onlu ESP ASR not ABS, does it throws any errors?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-17, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecola View Post
I had a different issue but still getting failed to calibrate, the way I fixed it by installing just the basic DiagBox i think 7.0 (or 8.0) with no patches whatsoever and then calibration was successful (create another virtual machine and just try that) just to rule out diagbox bug (it might be bug it might be us not doing something properly but I couldnt calibrate so i changed 4 com2003 and at the end went with the no patch version)

Now that should affect onlu ESP ASR not ABS, does it throws any errors?
Hmm.. might look into that. I'm pretty certain the comm unit was changed alright since I don't have any rear-wiper control on the right stick, it's just blank. It would also explain why there was a spare cog loose inside it, if the previous owner replaced the steering-wheel sensor with the new comm unit. Yea I must get around to setting up a VM alright, since I'm using a Windows 10 on my laptop.

It throws the U1208 error (no communication with engine ecu) but it's strange because I can graph all the variables in diagbox. There's no values that it doesn't show correctly. It doesn't even look like it's too far out really when it's rotated but, I'm not sure if it'd be enough to throw off the ESP..

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in