speed control system faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-17, 04:20 PM   #1

Default speed control system faulty

Hi there, today I got the message 'speed control system faulty' on the dash so the cruise control wouldn't work. No other messages or lights.

Car is an 06 55 plate 407 Zenith Saloon.

I believe this could be a problem with the brake switch. I've read on here that some cars have 2 switches, one for the brake lights and one for the cruise control. The brakes definitely work ok and the brake lights all come one when I brake I've checked that tonight. But I can't seem to find the part number or anything online for a cruise control switch for the brake pedal. Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated as I love the cruise control on this car.

Many thanks

Rob.
minardifans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-17, 04:22 PM   #2

Old 14-01-17, 08:11 PM   #3

Yours is likely to have Just one switch body that contains both the brake switch and the cruise control switch. My 55 plate 307 had a single double pole switch as did my 04 plate 307. Not unreasonable to expect the 407 uses the same switch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-01-17, 08:19 PM   #4

There was only one switch in the location so you'd expect that if there was 2 switches they would be together.

I've ordered one of these...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FAE-24899-B...7+brake+switch
which matches what I have in my car so I hope it works.

Seems strange for the brake lights still to work however if it's a one switch system.

One thing I did notice in pictures of the sensor is that mine doesn't seem to extend out as far as it looks like most in the pictures. I did remove mine tonight and give it a play and lubricate it and put it back to no avail.

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

ROB.
Old 15-01-17, 07:24 AM   #5

The stem of the switch is adjustable. You can push it in or pull it out to allow for wear or manufacturing tolerances.

There is one switch body. That switch body contains two seperate switches inside the casing. Earlier cars had two individual seperate switches which were indeed close together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-17, 09:39 PM   #6

Default speed control system faulty

This could be a faulty wheel sensor. Mine does this now and again after going through the car wash. Water and dirt get in to the sensor and give incorrect data to the ecu. If the data does not match for speed on both sides of the car the cruse control will not engage. The opposite happens when the speed is different to each wheel or the torque drops on one wheel it disengages. "Over speed bumps"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Andy Lees; 18-01-17 at 09:41 PM.
Andy Lees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-18, 04:53 PM   #7

Can the reson for the alert be that the first two tires are bigger (215/60 R16) than the last two (215/55 R16)?
Eliise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in