Speed Control System Faulty - 2006 407 SW 2.0 HDI SE - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-12-15, 08:36 PM   #1

Default Speed Control System Faulty - 2006 407 SW 2.0 HDI SE

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help on this.

I run a 2006 407SW 2.0 HDI SE, low mileage, absolute mint and has no electrical gremlins.....apart from an intermittent warning "Speed Control System Faulty"

Only happens on start, usually after less than a minute. Restarting once or twice usually sorts it.
Cruise can work fine for weeks, then plays up and can have intermittent problem for a few days, then back to normal.
Brake light works when error is up....had seen on some posts that some older models had a shared switch for cruise control with brake light
I've seen some people say they get this error along with Depolution Filter fault. Not for me, just "Speed Control System Faulty". No loss of power, and car drives fine.

I'm thinking it might be a loose connection somewhere, but other than the stalk unit by the steering column, don't know where else to look. Nothing in Haynes, other than unit on the column.

This has been an outstanding car, never misses a beat, no problems whatsoever, other than this little niggle. I do quite high motorway miles, so keen to fix it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cheers

A.
AdamBenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-12-15, 07:45 AM   #2

Hi mate,

Its going to be hard to check everything without planet / diagbox, as the software has a feature to test all switches / sensors relevant.

I believe for the cruise control to work, there is a switch on the brake pedal, the clutch pedal, and in the gearbox (so it knows what gear you are in).

Other than that, you could try removing and cleaning the cruise control stalk, but they are clipped in pretty tight, so it is unlikely to be the issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-12-15, 10:00 AM   #3

I agree its most likely a brake or clutch switch issue either the switch itself or more likely the wiring to it.

Old 24-12-15, 01:26 PM   #4

The brake switch has two physical switches in one body. They both need to work and the system needs to see one operate before the other. I've had two cars where the cruise side of the brake switch was intermittent and caused errors to show. A new switch cured both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-12-15, 05:22 PM   #5

Hi folks,

Many thanks for the pointers. Greatly appreciated, and will explore switches etc accordingly.

Have a great Xmas

A.
AdamBenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in