"Sometimes they just jiggle out." - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 307pugpete

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-11, 05:36 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default "Sometimes they just jiggle out."

Calm down boys, it's not what you think! I gave my 407 2.0 hdi sw to a local independent to change the timing belt at 140,000 miles. A week later my wife was reversing out of the drive and I noticed that the undertray was flapping around. On checking underneath, there were no fixings in place bar the cable tie that holds a cracked section onto a chasis member. I dropped into the garage when passing in my other car to discuss this suggesting that they'd forgotten to put the fixing screws in or over tightened them and they'd fallen out. "Nah mate," advised the proprietor and mechanics,"sometimes they just jiggle out."
It's seems more than coincidental that after this long and me removing and replacing the undertray when messing around with the more straighforward mechanics that this has happened. Any thoughts?
Ali.G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-09-11, 06:07 PM   #2

They are made not to jiggle out , its as bad as waiting too long for a taxi and he says "i had a flat wheel" ,
No you didn`t your hands are clean

So No garage man they didn`t jiggle out you Big Fat Liar
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-09-11, 06:53 PM   #3

Mine came loose in the high winds fortnight ago, and snapped, with some bits missing. When I got a look underneath most of the steel clips that where left where rusted rotten., and had lost some of the pins. Bought a new 3rd party tray, which was a nightmare to fit having to reshape most of the holes. Had to by all new clips, which come in packs of 10 when you need 13 and some new pins. Seems to be secure at minute.
Happy days.
Malcolm.

Old 24-09-11, 07:50 PM   #4
CAB

The clips that hold the pins are crap and after time they are useless, I've put my pins back in knowing the were secure and later on they just fall out, I now use cable ties plus it forces anyone working on my car to replace the cable ties so I know it's secure.

You can buy new clips for the pins on ebay.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-09-11, 07:53 PM   #5

Yes but 4 or 5 just don`t drop out at once now do they ?
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-09-11, 08:05 PM   #6
CAB

Depends on how many where there in the first place, some cars I've looked at lately have had pins thrown in the engine compartment, left on top of struts and near bulk head, even found snap on spanners.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-09-11, 08:20 PM   #7

I did the oil change on a mates Vectra. He rang to ask if he really needs the plastic bit under the engine (It was held in by numerous tie wraps and smashed to bits) and I said not really why are you going to take it off?

He said No mate , its in the middle lane on the M62 think Il just leave it there eh
bettyswollocks likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in